Chosen as one of Canada's Greenest Employers for 2013:
By Richard Yerema and Julien Gagnier, Mediacorp Canada Inc. staff editors
(Apr 21, 2013)
Some of the reasons why Certified General Accountants Association of Canada
was selected as one of Canada's Greenest Employers (2013)
- supports an employee-led "Green Team" that meets regularly to review all aspects of the Association's operation with the goal of researching, recommending and implementing environmentally-friendly practices
- has introduced reusable ceramic kitchenware in the cafeteria, and has partnered with an eco-friendly coffee supplier that composts used coffee pods, recycles sleeves and lids
- the company has also addressed its general procurement policies to ensure use of environmentally-friendly products where possible, from mechanical pencils to cleaning products to interior paint choices to outdoor benches made from recycled materials
- along with updated procurement policies, the Association also ensures that it recycles more than what goes in the blue box, including used batteries, unused office equipment (often donated to low-income area schools), and unused office furniture that is sold to employees (with proceeds donated to charity)
- kitchen area sinks feature in-line filtration systems to lessen the need for disposable plastic water bottles
- recently introduced a public transit subsidy program (to 50% subsidy) and has extended coverage to include the local ride share car-pool program -- the Association also worked with the local business park association to help expedite the installation of additional bus shelters for commuters
- employees are also encouraged to participate in the local "Commuter Challenge" in the spring and the "RideShare" Week in the fall
Major Canadian hiring locations: Ottawa ON.
|This Employer Review has been viewed 44,937 times.|
|©2013 Mediacorp Canada Inc. All rights reserved. Used by Eluta with permission. For comments or questions on this employer review, please contact Mediacorp's editorial team.