Information Services Corporation employees
Chosen as one of Canada's Greenest Employers for 2013:
By Richard Yerema and Julien Gagnier, Mediacorp Canada Inc. staff editors
(Apr 21, 2013)
Some of the reasons why Information Services Corporation / ISC
was selected as one of Canada's Greenest Employers (2013)
- established an employee-led "Green Team" in 2009 that is made-up of members from various business units across the corporation who are tasked to promote and communicate environmental initiatives to their colleagues and help to implement some of their suggestions -- the program continues to evolve having developed a full year operational plan that is integrated into the overall corporate plan
- the Green Team is active in a number of areas, including the standardization of all recycling programs in all offices (including the addition of batteries, printer and toner cartridges), the placement of reminder cards in all meeting rooms to remind employees to turn off the lights when finished, replacing bottled water in the boardroom with a water cooler and dispenser, and organizing Earth Hour and Earth Day celebrations
- has partnered with the non-profit organization, "The Climate Registry", to audit the corporation's overall energy consumption -- an important step that is part of a provincial initiative called the "Crown Sector Carbon Footprint" project, which aims to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from all Crown Corporations by 20 percent by 2020
- has significantly reduced paper usage through the introduction of online submissions to encourage customers to submit and process their Land Registry transactions online
- as part of its procurement process, the corporation formally asks suppliers to state their environmental considerations, including how their organization minimizes their impact on their environment
- located in the "Innovation Place" business park on the campus of the University of Regina, ISC also works with other employers as part of the "Innovation Place Green Team"
Major Canadian hiring locations: Regina SK.
|This Employer Review has been viewed 20,128 times.|
|©2013 Mediacorp Canada Inc. All rights reserved. Used by Eluta with permission. For comments or questions on this employer review, please contact Mediacorp's editorial team.