Airline Hotels & Resorts Ltd.
New Grad Review from The Career Directory (2013):
By Kristina Leung and Julien Gagnier, Mediacorp Canada Inc. staff editors
Airline Hotels and Resorts Ltd. owns and operates hotel properties in Canada, including independent operations and a variety of familiar hotel brands such as Hilton, Starwood, Travelodge and Valhalla.
Highlights for new grads:
Hiring locations across Canada:
Saskatoon SK, Regina SK, Edmonton AB, Winnipeg MB, Thunder Bay ON
Typical positions for new grads:
Graduates would occupy Front Office Supervisor, Sales Manager, Human Resources Coordinator, Catering Coordinator, Banquet Supervisor, Housekeeping Supervisor, Administrative Assistant, Accounts Payable/Receivable Clerk, Payroll Clerk, Sales and Marketing Coordinator positions.
- Average starting salary: $25,001 to $30,000
- Career planning services
- Flexible work hours
- Formal leadership training
- Health benefits for new employees
- In-house training program
- Online training program
- Orientation program for new employees
- Student employment: co-op
- Tuition subsidies
- Vacation (after first year): 3 weeks
New grads hired here typically have these academic backgrounds:
On-campus recruitment at:
University of Saskatchewan, Saskatchewan Institute of Applied Science and Technology, Northern Alberta Institute of Technology, Southern Alberta Institute of Technology, Lakehead University, Northlands College
- Bachelor of Arts: General, Business, Economics, Human Resources, Public Relations / Communications, Sociology
- Bachelor of Commerce / Business Administration: General, Accounting, Finance, Hotel / Food Services, Human Resources, Information Systems, Marketing, Public Administration
- Community College Diploma: Accounting, Business, Communications / Public Relations, Computer Science, Cooking / Chef Training, Facility Management, Hospitality, Human Resources, HVAC Systems, Information Technology, Marketing / Sales, Massage Therapy, Office Administration, Purchasing / Logistics, Secretarial, Travel and Tourism
- Master of Arts: Human Resources, Public Relations
- Master of Business Administration: Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, Information Systems, Marketing, Public Administration
- Professional Accreditation: Accounting (CA), Accounting (CGA), Accounting (CMA), Human Resources (CHRP, CEBS), Microsoft Certifications, Other Business / Technical/ Industry Certifications, Purchasing Management (PMAC, CPP), Travel Counsellor (CTC)
- Secondary Education: High School Diploma
Updated: Nov 29 2012
|This Employer Review has been viewed 15,256 times.|
|©2013 Mediacorp Canada Inc. All rights reserved. Used by Eluta with permission. For comments or questions on this employer review, please contact Mediacorp's editorial team.