BC Housing employees and green team members in costume
Chosen as one of British Columbia's Top Employers for 2013:
By Richard Yerema and Kristina Leung, Mediacorp Canada Inc. staff editors
Mediacorp editors have confirmed that this employer:
- invests in continued skills development with a range of in-house and online training programs, formal mentoring, career planning services and tuition subsidies for courses taken at outside institutions
- supports a variety of local and international charitable initiatives and provides employees with paid time off to volunteer with their favourite organization
- head office employees enjoy a variety of onsite amenities including free access to a fitness facility with state-of-the-art exercise equipment and sauna, employee lounge and quiet room for meditation and relaxation
- offers maternity and parental leave top-up payments to employees who are new mothers (to 85% of salary for first 17 weeks followed by 75% of salary for 35 weeks) and parental top-up for new fathers and adoptive parents (to 75% of salary for 35 weeks)
- new employees start at three weeks of paid vacation allowance and receive additional personal paid days-off which can be scheduled throughout the year
- the company-subsidized social committee organizes events and celebrations throughout the year including holiday parties, summer family barbecues, softball tournament and children's skating party, to name a few
Administration of Housing Programs.
Major Canadian hiring locations:
Vancouver BC, Burnaby BC, Victoria BC, Prince George BC, Prince Rupert BC, Penticton BC.
Crown Agency of the Province of British Columbia.
Full-time employees in Canada:
Full-time at this location:
Part-time employees in Canada:
Longest serving employee:
Number of applications received at this location last year:
Average age of all employees:
|This Employer Review has been viewed 64,440 times.|
|©2013 Mediacorp Canada Inc. All rights reserved. Used by Eluta with permission. For comments or questions on this employer review, please contact Mediacorp's editorial team.