BC Hydro employee skiing
Chosen as one of British Columbia's Top Employers for 2013:
By Richard Yerema and Kristina Leung, Mediacorp Canada Inc. staff editors
Mediacorp editors have confirmed that this employer:
- head office employees may take advantage of a variety of onsite amenities including an employee lounge, quiet room for meditation or religious observance and cafeteria with healthy and special diet menus
- helps employees balance work and their personal life through a variety of alternative work arrangements including flexible hours, telecommuting, shortened work week option and a formal earned days-off program
- encourages older employees to prepare for life after work with retirement planning assistance and phased-in work options -- and helps them save for the future with generous contributions to a defined benefit pension plan
- invests in continued skills development with a range of in-house and online training programs, career planning services, in-house apprenticeship opportunities, leadership training and tuition subsidies for courses taken at outside institutions
- also manages an academic scholarship program for children of employees who pursue post-secondary education (to $1,500 per child)
- supports employees who are new mothers with maternity leave top-up payments (to 85% of salary for 17 weeks) and even provides a generous subsidy for in vitro fertilization (IVF) when needed (to $15,000)
Hydroelectric Power Generation.
Major Canadian hiring locations:
Burnaby BC, Surrey BC.
Victoria Gas Company.
Full-time employees in Canada:
Part-time employees in Canada:
Longest serving employee:
Number of applications received at this location last year:
Average age of all employees:
|This Employer Review has been viewed 134,783 times.|
|©2013 Mediacorp Canada Inc. All rights reserved. Used by Eluta with permission. For comments or questions on this employer review, please contact Mediacorp's editorial team.