British Columbia Institute of Technology
Annual farmer's market at BCIT
Chosen as one of British Columbia's Top Employers for 2013:
By Richard Yerema and Kristina Leung, Mediacorp Canada Inc. staff editors
Mediacorp editors have confirmed that this employer:
- employees may take advantage of a variety of onsite amenities including free access to a fitness facility (with state-of-the-art exercise equipment, sauna and basketball court), quiet room for meditation and religious observance, employee lounge and cafeteria with healthy and special diet menus
- helps older employees prepare for life after work with retirement planning assistance and phased-in work options -- also helps them to save for the future with generous contributions to a defined benefit pension plan
- new employees start at three weeks of paid vacation allowance to start, moving to seven weeks for long serving employees
- supports employees who are new mothers with maternity and parental leave top-up payments (to 75% of salary for 52 weeks) as well as parental top-up for new fathers and adoptive parents (to 75% of salary for 37 weeks), depending on employee group
- the institute-subsidized social committee organizes a number of events throughout the year such as a Farmer's Market, employee breakfasts, and an "Endless Mile Spin-A-Thon" where participants use stationary bikes to raise awareness of green matters and to raise fund for the institute's student's emergency food fund
Colleges, Universities, and Professional Schools.
Major Canadian hiring locations:
Burnaby BC, Richmond BC, North Vancouver BC, Vancouver BC.
Full-time employees in Canada:
Full-time at this location:
Part-time employees in Canada:
Longest serving employee:
Number of applications received at this location last year:
Average age of all employees:
|This Employer Review has been viewed 37,603 times.|
|©2013 Mediacorp Canada Inc. All rights reserved. Used by Eluta with permission. For comments or questions on this employer review, please contact Mediacorp's editorial team.