Durham College of Applied Arts and Technology
Durham College employee with students
Chosen as one of Greater Toronto's Top Employers for 2013:
By Richard Yerema and Kristina Leung, Mediacorp Canada Inc. staff editors
Mediacorp editors have confirmed that this employer:
- helps employees balance work and their personal life through flexible work arrangements including reduced summer hours, 35-hour work week (with full pay) and personal paid days-off, which can be scheduled throughout the year
- encourages employees to save for life after work with contributions to a defined benefit pension plan (to 6% of salary)
- an enlightened employer that provides maternity leave top-up payments for new mothers (to 93% of salary for 52 weeks) and parental leave top-up for new fathers and adoptive parents (to 93% of salary for 35 weeks)
- invests in ongoing employee development with subsidies for tuition and professional accreditation, formal mentoring, and a range of in-house and online training programs
- an important member of the community, employees help direct the College's charitable program, raising funds and donating approximately 5,000 hours to community initiatives last year
Colleges, Universities, and Professional Schools.
Major Canadian hiring locations:
Oshawa ON, Whitby ON.
Full-time employees in Canada:
Part-time employees in Canada:
Longest serving employee:
Average age of all employees:
|This Employer Review has been viewed 16,496 times.|
|©2013 Mediacorp Canada Inc. All rights reserved. Used by Eluta with permission. For comments or questions on this employer review, please contact Mediacorp's editorial team.