Employee using whiteboard technology at EDC's head office
Chosen as one of National Capital Region's Top Employers for 2013:
By Richard Yerema and Kristina Leung, Mediacorp Canada Inc. staff editors
Mediacorp editors have confirmed that this employer:
- head office employees may take advantage of a variety of onsite amenities including an employee lounge, quiet room for meditation and religious observance, cafeteria with healthy and special diet menus and fitness facility (with free and subsidized membership)
- offers maternity and parental leave top-up payments to employees who are new mothers (to 95% of salary for 26 weeks) and even provides a generous subsidy for in vitro fertilization (to $25,000), if needed
- also supports employees who are new fathers or adoptive parents with parental top-up (to 75% of salary for 18 weeks) as well as extended health benefits coverage throughout the duration of their leave
- invests in continued skills development with a range of in-house and online training programs, career planning services and subsidies for job-related courses and professional accreditation
- also manages an academic scholarship program for children of employees who pursue post-secondary education (to $2,700 per child)
- provides employees up to two days of paid community service leave per year to volunteer at their favorite charitable organization as well as providing opportunities to volunteer internationally (for up to 16 weeks) in partnership with CARE Canada
International Trade Financing.
Major Canadian hiring locations:
Ottawa ON, Toronto ON, Calgary AB, Vancouver BC.
Full-time employees in Canada:
Full-time at this location:
Part-time employees in Canada:
Longest serving employee:
Number of applications received at this location last year:
Average age of all employees:
|This Employer Review has been viewed 46,137 times.|
|©2013 Mediacorp Canada Inc. All rights reserved. Used by Eluta with permission. For comments or questions on this employer review, please contact Mediacorp's editorial team.