Employees playing volleyball at Health Canada head office
Chosen as one of National Capital Region's Top Employers for 2013:
By Richard Yerema and Kristina Leung, Mediacorp Canada Inc. staff editors
Mediacorp editors have confirmed that this employer:
- encourages employees to save for the future with contributions to a defined benefit pension plan and helps older workers transition to retirement with phased-in work options and retirement planning assistance
- new employees start at three weeks of paid vacation allowance and receive additional personal paid days-off which can be scheduled throughout the year
- provides maternity and parental leave top-up payments to employees who are new mothers (to 93% of salary for 52 weeks) and parental top-up for new fathers or adoptive parents (to 93% of salary for 37 weeks) -- and also manages an onsite daycare facility which employees can take advantage of when they are ready to return to work
- helps employees achieve work-life balance with flexible hours, telecommuting, shortened and compressed work week options and a formal earned days-off program
- supports a variety of local and national charitable initiatives each year and encourages employee volunteerism with paid time off to volunteer with their favorite community organization
Administration of Public Health Programs.
Major Canadian hiring locations:
Ottawa ON, Regina SK, Edmonton AB, Halifax NS, Vancouver BC, Winnipeg MB, Toronto ON, Montréal QC, Whitehorse YT.
Full-time employees in Canada:
Full-time at this location:
Part-time employees in Canada:
Longest serving employee:
Average age of all employees:
|This Employer Review has been viewed 34,719 times.|
|©2013 Mediacorp Canada Inc. All rights reserved. Used by Eluta with permission. For comments or questions on this employer review, please contact Mediacorp's editorial team.