Home Depot Canada employees volunteering
Chosen as one of Greater Toronto's Top Employers for 2013:
By Richard Yerema and Kristina Leung, Mediacorp Canada Inc. staff editors
Mediacorp editors have confirmed that this employer:
- head office employees may take advantage of a variety of onsite amenities including a fitness facility with free membership and state-of-the-art equipment, quiet room for meditation and relaxation, employee lounge and nap room for those who need a quick rest during the busy day
- invests in the continued education and development of employees through tuition subsidies for job-related courses, career planning services, formal mentoring and a variety of in-house and online training programs
- also encourages children of employees to pursue post-secondary education through an academic scholarship program (to $2,500 per child)
- an environmentally focused retailer that supports numerous community initiatives with an environmental focus, from donating materials for sustainable housing projects with Habitat for Humanity to planting trees with the Evergreen organization to volunteering with the Great Canadian Shortline Clean-up
- supports employees' efforts to balance work and their personal life through a range of alternative work arrangements including flexible hours, telecommuting, a compressed work week option and formal earned days-off program
- helps older workers prepare for life after work with phased-in retirement work options and employer contributions to a defined contribution pension plan
Major Canadian hiring locations:
Toronto ON, Vancouver BC, Edmonton AB, Calgary AB, Winnipeg MB, Ottawa ON, Montréal QC, Halifax NS.
The Home Depot Inc..
Full-time employees in Canada:
Full-time at this location:
Part-time employees in Canada:
Longest serving employee:
Number of applications received at this location last year:
Average age of all employees:
|This Employer Review has been viewed 119,820 times.|
|©2013 Mediacorp Canada Inc. All rights reserved. Used by Eluta with permission. For comments or questions on this employer review, please contact Mediacorp's editorial team.