IKEA Canada employees planting trees
Chosen as one of Hamilton-Niagara's Top Employers for 2013:
By Richard Yerema and Kristina Leung, Mediacorp Canada Inc. staff editors
Mediacorp editors have confirmed that this employer:
- encourages ongoing employee development with subsidies for tuition and professional accreditation, career planning services and a range of in-house and online training programs
- offers a range of alternative work options to help employees balance work-life commitments, including flexible hours, shortened and compressed work week options and job-sharing arrangements
- along with the annual review (that forms the basis for individual pay increases) the company captures additional feedback through annual employee surveys and even hosts exit interviews with departing employees
- helps older workers prepare for life after work with employer contributions to a matching RSP plan and phased-in retirement work options
- a pioneering retailer with a focus on sustainable business practices, regularly conducting environmental audits to ensure its stores continue to improve their internal efforts to recycle, reduce waste, and save energy -- and has even installed solar panels atop three of its Toronto-area stores as part of the Province of Ontario's Feed-in-Tariff (FIT) program
All Other Home Furnishings Stores.
Major Canadian hiring locations:
Burlington ON, North York ON, Etobicoke ON, Vaughan ON, Ottawa ON, Montréal QC, Boucherville QC, Edmonton AB, Calgary AB, Vancouver BC, Coquitlam BC, Winnipeg MB.
IKEA Systems BV, Sweden.
Full-time employees in Canada:
Full-time at this location:
Part-time employees in Canada:
Longest serving employee:
Number of applications received at this location last year:
Average age of all employees:
|This Employer Review has been viewed 71,439 times.|
|©2013 Mediacorp Canada Inc. All rights reserved. Used by Eluta with permission. For comments or questions on this employer review, please contact Mediacorp's editorial team.