British Columbia Liquor Distribution Branch
Enmployees of the British Columbia Liquor Distribution Branch
Chosen as one of British Columbia's Top Employers for 2013:
By Richard Yerema and Kristina Leung, Mediacorp Canada Inc. staff editors
Mediacorp editors have confirmed that this employer:
- supports a variety of local, national and international charitable initiatives each year and provides employees with paid time off to volunteer with their favourite community organization
- invests in continued skills development through in-house and online training programs, formal mentoring, leadership training and tuition subsidies for courses taken at outside institutions
- also manages an academic scholarship program for children of employees who pursue post-secondary education (to $2,500 per child)
- provides maternity and parental leave top-up payments for employees who are new mothers (to 85% of salary for 17 weeks followed by 75% of salary for 35 weeks) and parental top-up for new fathers and adoptive parents, depending on employee group
- also provides support to new parents with extended health benefits coverage throughout the duration of their leave and head office employees may take advantage of an onsite daycare facility when they're ready to return to work
- the company-subsidized social committee organizes a number of events throughout the year such as barbecues, a Halloween costume contest where employees compete for prizes, and a pancake breakfast in celebration of Public Service Week
Wine and Distilled Alcoholic Beverage Merchant Wholesalers.
Major Canadian hiring locations:
Vancouver BC, Kamloops BC.
Government of British Columbia.
Full-time employees in Canada:
Part-time employees in Canada:
Longest serving employee:
Number of applications received at this location last year:
Average age of all employees:
|This Employer Review has been viewed 58,259 times.|
|©2013 Mediacorp Canada Inc. All rights reserved. Used by Eluta with permission. For comments or questions on this employer review, please contact Mediacorp's editorial team.