National Capital Commission / NCC
Chosen as one of National Capital Region's Top Employers for 2013:
By Richard Yerema and Kristina Leung, Mediacorp Canada Inc. staff editors
Mediacorp editors have confirmed that this employer:
- invests in ongoing employee development with subsidies for tuition and professional accreditation, a range of in-house and online training programs, career planning services and in-house apprenticeship opportunities
- encourages employees to save for the future with generous contributions to a defined benefit pension plan and helps older workers transition to retirement with phased-in work options and retirement planning assistance
- provides maternity and parental leave top-up payments to employees who are new mothers or fathers (including adoptive parents) and offers extended health benefits coverage throughout the duration of their leave as well as the option to extend their leave into an unpaid leave of absence
- supports a variety of local charitable initiatives each year and encourages employee volunteerism with paid time off to volunteer with their favorite community organization
- an environmental leader that has a formal green strategy ("Building a Greener Capital") and has undertaken numerous initiatives is support of its strategy, from revisions to its procurement policies to reducing car parking in favour of expanded bicycle parking for employees
Administration of Urban Planning and Community and Rural Development.
Major Canadian hiring locations:
Gatineau QC, Ottawa ON.
Full-time employees in Canada:
Part-time employees in Canada:
Longest serving employee:
Number of applications received at this location last year:
Average age of all employees:
|This Employer Review has been viewed 7,486 times.|
|©2013 Mediacorp Canada Inc. All rights reserved. Used by Eluta with permission. For comments or questions on this employer review, please contact Mediacorp's editorial team.