Employees at one of Nexen's processing facilities
Chosen as one of Alberta's Top Employers for 2013:
By Richard Yerema and Kristina Leung, Mediacorp Canada Inc. staff editors
Mediacorp editors have confirmed that this employer:
- helps employees balance work and their personal life through a variety of alternative work arrangements including flexible hours, telecommuting, shortened and compressed work week options and a formal earned days-off program
- is a strong supporter of continued education and development with generous tuition subsidies for job-related courses (to a maximum of $35,000), financial bonuses for some course completion and even manages an academic scholarship program for children of employees who attend post-secondary institutions (to $2,000 per child)
- offers compassionate leave top-up payments to employees who are called upon to care for a loved one (to 100% of salary for 6 weeks)
- employees at the head office can stay in shape using an impressive 7,000 square foot onsite fitness facility that features free membership, treadmills, stationary bikes, stairmasters, rowing machines and large change rooms with shower facilities
- dedicated to increasing Aboriginal representation in the workforce, the company established an Aboriginal partnership strategy and assigned personnel to manage Aboriginal recruitment initiatives
Crude Petroleum and Natural Gas Extraction.
Major Canadian hiring locations:
Calgary AB, Fort McMurray AB.
Full-time employees in Canada:
Full-time at this location:
Part-time employees in Canada:
Longest serving employee:
Number of applications received at this location last year:
Average age of all employees:
|This Employer Review has been viewed 72,507 times.|
|©2013 Mediacorp Canada Inc. All rights reserved. Used by Eluta with permission. For comments or questions on this employer review, please contact Mediacorp's editorial team.