Ontario Public Service employees
Chosen as one of Greater Toronto's Top Employers for 2013:
By Richard Yerema and Kristina Leung, Mediacorp Canada Inc. staff editors
Mediacorp editors have confirmed that this employer:
- invests in the ongoing education and development of employees through subsidies for tuition and professional accreditation, career planning services and a range of in-house and online training programs
- also manages a number of internship, co-op and summer student programs to recruit recent graduates and young professionals into the civil service -- and champions greater diversity within its ranks through the establishment of a dedicated diversity office back in 2008
- offers maternity and parental leave top-up payments to employees who are new mothers, fathers or adoptive parents, as well as priority placement for children of employees at the Queen's Park Child Care Centre
- an environmentally-focused public service employers with too many initiatives to mention, from a comprehensive virtual meeting service to help reduce unnecessary travel to targeted reductions in electricity use to an extensive re-use and re-deployment program for everything from furniture to heavy machinery
- encourages employees to prepare for life after work with retirement planning assistance, phased-in work options and employer contributions to a defined benefit pension plan
Other General Government Support.
Major Canadian hiring locations:
Toronto ON, Oshawa ON, Peterborough ON, Sudbury ON, Thunder Bay ON, Kingston ON, London ON, Guelph ON, Ottawa ON, St Catharines ON, Windsor ON.
Full-time employees in Canada:
Part-time employees in Canada:
Longest serving employee:
Number of applications received at this location last year:
Average age of all employees:
|This Employer Review has been viewed 594,125 times.|
|©2013 Mediacorp Canada Inc. All rights reserved. Used by Eluta with permission. For comments or questions on this employer review, please contact Mediacorp's editorial team.