UBC / University of British Columbia
UBC President with employees during a meeting
Chosen as one of British Columbia's Top Employers for 2013:
By Richard Yerema and Kristina Leung, Mediacorp Canada Inc. staff editors
Mediacorp editors have confirmed that this employer:
- employees may take advantage of a variety of onsite amenities including an employee lounge, cafeteria with healthy and special diet menus, quiet room for meditation and religious observance and subsidized membership to a state-of-the-art fitness facility
- invests in continued skills development with a range of in-house and online training programs, formal mentoring, subsidies for professional accreditation and courses taken at outside institutions
- manages a generous academic scholarship program for children of employees who pursue post-secondary education (to $10,000 per child)
- supports a variety of local and international charitable initiatives each year and encourages employee volunteerism with paid time off to volunteer with their favorite community organization
- helps older employees prepare for life after work with retirement planning assistance, phased-in work options and generous contributions to a defined benefit or contribution pension plan (depending on employee group)
Colleges, Universities, and Professional Schools.
Major Canadian hiring locations:
Vancouver BC, Kelowna BC.
Full-time employees in Canada:
Full-time at this location:
Part-time employees in Canada:
Longest serving employee:
Number of applications received at this location last year:
Average age of all employees:
|This Employer Review has been viewed 57,714 times.|
|©2013 Mediacorp Canada Inc. All rights reserved. Used by Eluta with permission. For comments or questions on this employer review, please contact Mediacorp's editorial team.