Edelman has experienced unprecedented growth in recent years -- growth that is reflective of the firm's ongoing evolution from a PR agency into a communications marketing firm. Do you share these values?
Relentless Pursuit of Excellence
Courage to do the Right Thing
Freedom to be Constantly Curious
Edelman Calgary is looking for an Account Director to lead client strategy for a large national client. You bring a reputation as a strategic, business-minded steward of the client relationship and a trusted advisor who provides wise counsel across all communications and marketing initiatives. You are empowered to ensure both the client's and agency's business objectives are met. This role is the ideal position for a seasoned marketing professional who understands the value and role of marketing and communications, is channel agnostic and digitally/socially savvy.
Reporting to the Vice President, Marketing, you will be given the opportunity to work with an accomplished, integrated team with responsibilities to:
- Build and manage client relationships, strategic programming and integrated account teams
- Create and implement annual client engagement plans to strengthen client relationship and identify organic opportunities to support the client's business -- anticipate what's next and help client see around corners, get ahead of issues and capitalize on new opportunities
- Serve as the client's chief advocate within Edelman, ensuring a broad understanding of the client's business (business challenges and goals) and bringing relevant Edelman IP, insights, best practices and methodologies
- Effectively assemble, deploy and lead integrated account teams and specialists based on the client's current and evolving needs
- Oversee client account, budget management and forecasting and proactively identify and navigate issues and challenges as required
- Stay knowledgeable about the markets, sectors and channels in which clients operate; use internal and external resources to address knowledge gaps and speed learning
- Demonstrated track record of developing client relationships and executing successful communication programs with at least 8-10 years progressive experience in marketing and/or communications.
- Strategic mindset with communications and/or marketing experience -- ideally within an agency setting
- Effectively engages with all levels of a client organization, particularly at the executive management level
- Demonstrated experience working with and successfully mobilizing multi-disciplinary teams, including planning & creative, analytics, digital and earned media specialists, crisis & risk management, production and paid media
- Maintains networks and key relationships across industry, media, and business to remain current on news and trends relevant to Edelman and its clients
- Brings a hunter mentality to and successful track record of building trusted client relationships growing organic and new business
Should you be interested in applying for this role, please send your résumé and cover. Only those candidates short listed for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in working with Edelman Canada.
Edelman PR Worldwide Canada, Inc.
Founded in 1952, Edelman PR Worldwide Canada, Inc. is a full-service public relations agency.