part time food prep associate
Food Prep Associates assist in the preparation of delicious dishes in our kitchen/quick-food service kiosk. You’ll perform routine kitchen tasks such as setting up workstations and ingredients, so that food can be prepared according to recipes.
A great Food Prep Associate will be quick, attentive and willing to improve on the job. You will be reliable and able to follow instructions as well as all health and safety rules in the kitchen/kiosk. The ideal candidate will also be able to function in a fast-paced, busy environment as a part of a team.
Why you should join our team:
• We offer group health benefits and retirement plans for eligible teammates
• Opportunities for growth and skill building - we look forward to training you and teaching you the Bento secrets
• Fun events with your fellow Bentonians!
• We are proud of our Bento Sushi Foundation which offers educational grants for our teammates and funding for other rewarding causes such as seafood sustainability and community involvement.
• Follow the prep and production list created by the Manager to plan daily duties
• Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting fish etc.
• Measure ingredients to be used in production
• Undertake basic cooking duties such as cooking rice
• Prepare simple dishes such as salads, rice bowls and sushi
• Provide basic menu information to customers when requested
• Maintain a clean and orderly work station by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash etc.
• Ensure all food and other items are labelled and stored properly
• Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines
• Perform other kitchen duties as assigned
• Must be a team player with good communication skills
• Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure
• High school diploma or equivalent is desirable
• Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen considered as asset
• Ability to lift up to 25lbs
• Ability to stand for an extended period of time
• no sushi experience required – Bento provides all training.
• Must be available to work on weekends
For enquiries, please contact us at:
• Toll Free: 1833-212-0028
• Text: 647-459-8787
• Wechat ID: bentosushijobs
Bento Sushi is North America’s fastest growing sushi company with operations across United States and Canada. We bring together a dynamic team of people with diverse backgrounds, experience and talent, to create an exceptional guest experience. If you are looking to join a fun, friendly and exciting workplace environment where you can truly take pride in your work, the opportunities are endless.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates elected for an interview will be contacted. Special consideration will be given to applicants with previous experience working as a; sushi chef, sushi maker, sushi cook, prep cook, line cook, server, and customer service.
Bento Nouveau Company Ltd.
Founded in 1996, Bento Nouveau Company Ltd. is a manufacturer and retailer of prepared foods.