Assistant Director, Finance & Business Support
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, our financial operations thrive with the commitment of Colleagues and Leaders who model our values of Trust, Respect, Guest Passion, Innovation, Sustainable Performance, and Spirit of Conquest. Apply your leadership, accounting and analytical strengths as our Assistant Director , Finance and Business Support, where your high standards for policy, accuracy and thoroughness will inspire the same among your team .
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, known as the ‘Castle in the City’, with its chateau-style green-clad copper roof and gargoyles is an architectural landmark in the heart of Downton Vancouver that captures the hearts and imaginations of all who visit. A registered heritage property operating since 1939, the hotel symbolizes grandeur and timeless elegance. In spring 2019, Fairmont Hotel Vancouver completed a $75M, five-year multiphase revitalization project. With its prestigious address on Georgia Street, this castle is surrounded by a diverse arts community of galleries and theatres, a thriving shopping district, exhilarating nightlife and world class cuisine. Join our team and welcome our guests to extraordinary experiences at their home away from home .
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director, Finance & Business Support, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service to colleagues, guests and owners
- Develop an engaged, enthusiastic and service driven team of accounting professionals, including hiring, training, cross training, evaluation and development
- Supervise and manage the Accounting department, including Receiving & Stores; ensuring all standards are followed
Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues, expenses and balance sheet items
- Analyze and advise on business operations including revenue and expenditure trends, financial commitments and future revenues
- Direct, compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial statements including monthly, quarterly and annual reports
Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures
- Ensure all financial and regulatory reporting deadlines are met
- Ensure accurate and efficient monthly and year-end close
- Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures
- Ensure that the policies and procedures used in accounting are compliant with those outlined in the Company’s accounting standards, policies and procedures manual
- Balance operational, administrative and colleague needs
- Continuously support budget and forecast activities and assist Departmental Leaders as required
- Participate in the Annual Budget preparation and process
- Ensure the internal and external audit preparation and process confirm compliance
- Ensures Taxes are reconciled & remitted on a timely basis.
- Maintain strong relationships with third party providers such as banks, vendors, Centralized Accounting Service Delivery (CASD) team, Corporate Office, etc.
- O ther duties as assigned
Minimum of 4 years accounting experience in hospitality accounting practices and principles required and previous accounting experience at a supervisory/managerial level
Computer literate in Microsoft applications, POS, PMS, General Ledger, Labour Management Systems, Payroll and relevant computer applications as required
Previous Experience in Centralized Accounts Payable required
Previous Experience in Labour Standards Management Systems required
University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
Accounting designation preferred
Previous experience as an Assistant Director of Finance preferred
Previous Experience working in unionized environments preferred
Previous Experience in Process Management preferred
Excellent communication and organizational skills
Strong analytical, interpersonal and problem solving abilities
Highly responsible & reliable with exceptional attention to detail
Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
Ability to focus attention on guest / colleague needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY : Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
about fairmont hotels & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
+ Read more