The Bilingual Commercial Coordinator is responsible for proactively managing and coordinating the commercial aspects of project orders containing standard, assembled-to-order and engineered-to-order equipment for Canada. The Bilingual Commercial Coordinator will serve as a customer advocate and demonstrate a leadership role in complex issues related to the project, while communicating with plants, field sales, and assigned customer base regarding the status of orders including production schedules and logistical concerns to ensure on-time and accurate delivery of project commitments. The role has the capability to grow to include technical responsibilities. The Bilingual Commercial Coordinator can be located out of the Burlington, Ontario office, Lachine, Quebec or one of our Eaton locations.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
Maintain the commercial integrity of projects
- Review and understand customer purchase order requirements, monthly project reviews, risk mitigation measures and ensuring system data integrity
- Maintain financial control measures, claim resolution and bonds/letter of credits
- Maintain company objectives throughout the order cycle while managing progress billing, accurate invoicing, on-time shipments, logistical planning and coordination
- Communicate effectively with plants, credit, field sales, and other internal departments on project issues and follow through to closure
- Communicate directly with the assigned customer base regarding the status of orders, shipment schedule, and invoicing
- Manage multiple project orders and prioritize time and tasks effectively to serve Eaton’s customers
- Perform all job functions with adherence to Eaton’s Philosophy and Values as well as the Safety and Environmental standards
- Work within the mind frame of continuous improvement philosophy
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma from an accredited institution required with relevance to the job description
- Bilingual in English / French – will be required to communicate fluently in French with the customers and sales and English with all other supporting functions
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working with complex and large projects in the industry, either in project management, sales/quotations, or engineering
- Must be authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Strong understanding of single line diagram, power distribution knowledge and experience in the electrical distribution field
Position Success Criteria:
- Proven ability to achieve results in a fast-paced work environment
- Manage a volume of open projects handled per year which are large in scope (from within the assigned accounts)
- Efficient and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical approach, detail oriented, and creative problem-solving techniques
Effective time management and project management skills
- Utilize independent judgment to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload
Strong computer skills and ability to use effectively O365 tools at our disposal
- Learn and adapt to utilizing Eaton’s preoperatory digital tools and quick learning curve of new digital tools
- Proficient with conflict resolution and interpersonal savvy
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton Industries (Canada) Company
Eaton Industries (Canada) Company, a division of Ohio-based Eaton Corporation, manufactures and markets electrical control products and power distribution equipment.