At Allegion, our vision is to make the world safer. As a company of experts, we secure the places where people thrive. Security will always be a top concern, so we are inventing new and innovative technologies to keep people protected wherever they are; anytime, anywhere. Whether at home or school, in a hospital or commercial building, we pride ourselves on providing safety for today and for the future. Spanning across 130 countries, Allegion is committed to the protection of our employees and the public.
We are very passionate about our values and live them daily. How do you celebrate your successes? Do you take pride in the work you have accomplished?
Have a knack for curiosity and creativity? How do you live out your passion for excellence? What does living safely and healthy mean to you?
If these are values that keep you motivated, you have come to the right place. Take a look at our available opportunities to join our winning team today!
Business Development Sales Consultant -- Multi Family
Business Development Sales Consultant- Multi Family role is responsible for screening and closing of Multi Family starts in the market to gain share. Specific duties include developing relationships and interacting with, influencing, and building relationships with developers in growing all facets (new construction and aftermarket) of this market in both mechanical and electro-mechanical solutions. The position will report locally to the Regional Sales Manager and will be focused on increasing personal networks, join organizations and attend industry shows and events to promote the brand.
What You Will Do:
- Lead the local execution of the Multi Family programs to targeted accounts. Primary focus will be with targeted accounts such as developers. The position will coordinate with existing assigned Distributor Sales Consultants on the targeted direct accounts where appropriate.
- Networks with all types of end-users and influencers, including multi-family builder, installers, remodelers, architects, designers, consultants, general contractors, integrators/low voltage
- Develop a territory business plan and customized business plans for all key Multi Family customers to include the following: dealer targets, builder targets, product training, investment strategies, and revenue goals
- Utilizes existing marketing programs to maximize market-share growth
- Participates in cross selling strategies, with focus on partnering with Regional Sales Office and software brand allies to maximize market-share growth; works with Regional Sales Office to identify commercial distributors who can best serve multi-family end users
- Ensures selling strategies align with meeting region and territory revenue and profit goals outlined in AOP
- Develops and maintains list of current and prospective customers to include top 50 multi-family owners, builders with corporate offices in region
- Responsible for meeting budget and expense parameters for optimizing operating profit
- Utilizes the sales tools (CRM) for major product follow-up and customer contact management
- Supports the business marketing strategies by providing accurate and timely sales reports and competitive information to the Regional Sales Organization.
- Develops a business relationship with the major influences in the region
- Has responsibility for key Multi Family Customers in the region
- Utilizes specification writer for determining new construction specifications
- Services and trains developers and designers to increase loyalty
- Increases sales in aftermarket channel by passing leads on Multi Family projects to channel partners through sales collaboration with regional team.
- Active participant in Multi Family Industry Associations in region
- Provides forecasting data for Inventory Management Team
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor's degree in business management, marketing, finance preferred.
- 7+ years of outside sales experience, preferably in similar industry preferred.
- Strong collaboration skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively across functions (marketing, customer care, operations etc.).
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels; outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with and influence a variety of indirect and direct accounts
- Self-motivator and entrepreneurial mindset
- Able to work at building a business. Small scale to larger scale builds up.
- Ability to think strategically and problem solve with entrepreneurial commitment to achieving goals
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to execute on business plans
- Customer-centric with the ability to balance both customer benefits and business financials effectively
Why Work For Us?
- Rewarding and Challenging Career
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Global Opportunities
- Employee Discounts
- A Culture of Wellness and Balance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Training and Development
- Community Involvement
Join our team of experts today and help us make tomorrow a safer place! To apply, please see below.
We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Allegion Canada Inc.
Allegion Canada Inc. is a provider of electronic and mechanical security products for residential and commercial industries.