Faster.Smarter.Safer . This is how Aecon Utilities is committed to delivering projects. Aecon Utilities is ready to become Canada’s #1 utility construction provider and we’re looking for a CCTV Camera Truck Inspector
to help us get there!
Reporting the Project Manager, the CCTV Camera Truck Inspector will be responsible for identifying the location of each homeowner’s sewer lateral pipe from main to house and identification of blockages and cross bore verification within the lateral pipe.
This is a unionized position, therefore is a requirement to join the union upon acceptance.
- Understand and respond to work requests delegated by the Project Manager.
- Prepare and submits reports concerning sewer and sewer lateral inspections.
- Understand and adjust all underground utility records with the ability to identify their exact locations.
- Effectively document utility locates and follow appropriate documentation procedure.
- Maintain, inspect, clean, and occasionally repair pieces of sewer later equipment when required.
- Ability to apply mitigations and corrections to hazards when carrying out tasks.
- Ability to work well with others in a group or one on one setting.
- Strong work ethic and troubleshooting skills.
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently.
- Provide preventative maintenance to ensure equipment is safe and operating properly.
- Ensure standards for safe and clean working conditions are practiced, the safety program is being followed and production proceeds in a safe manner.
- Participate in all toolbox meetings, safety meetings, and site inspections.
- Conduct, designate and review daily pre-job safety Instruction forms.
- Experience operating a CVOR vehicle is considered an asset
- Must have flexibility to work nights and weekends when required.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Required Knowledge and Experience .
- Completion of post-secondary education.
- Prior experience with private locates, pre-eng locates or LAC locates would be considered an asset.
- Experience with CCTV crawlers, lateral launchers and inspection equipment would be considered an asset.
- General knowledge of underground utility construction.
- Strong computer skills- MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Initiative to work independently and stay productive under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work accurately and problem solve under pressure.
- Ability to interact with customers in a professional manner.
- Working in confined spaces underground, at heights and lifting heavy loads.
- Willingness to collaborate with a team and train other members as needed.
- Physically fit.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License and clean driving record.
- Keen attention to detail and situational awareness to work safely and maintain a safe work environment.
Aecon Group Inc.
Aecon Group Inc. is a construction and infrastructure development company that provides design, build, operation, procurement and financial services in building, civil, industrial, nuclear and utility construction.