Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide and strives to provide smart solutions for challenging projects. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. Our commitment to safety is ingrained in our culture and at the forefront of every project. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery.
We are a multidisciplinary team of designers, technologists, and engineers. We specialize in small to mid-sized projects for clients across Canada. The types of clients we work for include:
- Heavy Industrial Facilities
- Pipelines and Refineries
- Mineral Processing
- Municipal & Utilities
- Water treatment
Reporting to the Discipline Manager, the successful candidate will work with other Tetra Tech team members in the delivery of company project initiatives related to civil engineering design and drafting. The ideal candidate enjoys working as a team player in an office environment and seeing the work followed-through during onsite visits.
- Produce civil engineering 3D models and 2D construction drawings using AutoCad Civil 3D for industrial earthworks such as access roads, road crossings, grading, site plan/profiles, drainage, cross-sections, details, foundations, as well as produce material quantity take offs
- Manipulate and manage electronic survey data received from others for the purposes of design and drafting
- Organize electronic and hardcopy drawing and related data files
- Determine project design requirements including layouts, client design standards and specifications
- Ensure work is checked in accordance with Tetra Tech and Client Standards & Procedures
- Adhere to all health and safety policies and guidelines of Tetra Tech and the client
- Site visits to collect field information. Travel may be required with occasional one day trips
- 5-8 years of related experience preferred
- Must have working knowledge of earthworks and road design suitable for industrial applications
- Ability to collaborate with multidiscipline stakeholders and lead 3D modelling development
- Able to work with flexibility while maintaining high standards and quality work
- Strong interpersonal skills required for internal team interfaces and client liaison
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Well organized and able to work independently
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment on project ranging from studies to detailed design
- Work experience in the heavy industrial, infrastructure or transportation sectors considered an asset
- Experience in 3D computer modelling and 2D drawing production using AutoCad Civil 3D and/or Microstation InRoads
- A Diploma in Applied Science Technology and/or training in 3D computer modeling
- Travel within Western Canada periodically to client sites may be required
- Must be able to pass a drug/alcohol screen
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
In addition to rewarding job opportunities and continuous growth, we offer an attractive employee package including:
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Rewarding retirement savings program
- Professional development opportunities
- Great working location, right in the heart of Vancouver’s financial district
- Find out more about Tetra Tech Canada
- Follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook for the latest news
- Visit our Careers page, and create a profile to receive Job Alerts
- Read our Tetra Tech newsletter to see what we’re doing in your community
Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter at: www.tetratech.com/careers . We thank all those that apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Tetra Tech EBA Inc.
Tetra Tech EBA Inc. is a consulting and engineering company that provides services to the mining, energy, transportation and development industries.