Job Title: Intermediate Civil Designer
Location: Surrey, British Columbia
Position Type: Full time
Solaris Management Consultants Inc. is an engineering, procurement, and construction management company, servicing the oil & gas and petroleum industries. Solaris has excelled in providing its clients with multi-disciplined professional engineering services, ranging from conceptual design through to project implementation. Solaris specializes in the design of gas plants, compression facilities, metering stations, and pipeline laterals.
We are currently seeking an “Intermediate Civil Designer” to join our dynamic team. As an integral member of the team, you will have the opportunity to deliver civil/structural design and drafting services and work with more senior engineers in the development and review of various engineering drawings. Your pride in supporting engineers in producing high quality, practical designs from concept through to commissioning will be a vital part of this diverse and interesting position.
- Assists other engineers in executing engineering tasks and works in accordance with established design and drafting protocols
- Produces a variety of project modelling/ drawings using AutoCAD and Civil 3D including 3D modelling, civil drawings as per engineer's markup
- 5-10 years’ experience in 3D modeling and CAD production of earthwork and civil designs
- Interprets and carries out creative ideas proposed by other engineers or technologists
- Knowledgeable in preparation of conceptual and grading, drainage and road design
- Follow EGBC CQM and Solaris company procedures on checking drawings
- Participates in project design and model review sessions
- Prepare Material Take Off’s for earthwork, drainage and roadway.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in computer aided drafting.
- Post-secondary education with a technical diploma in the Civil Engineering program would be an asset.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant Civil 3D and Autocad experience
- Experience in mentoring junior designers with Civil 3D would be an asset
- Experience in the Oil and Gas industry is preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a team
- Open-minded with the ability to follow instructions but with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks and use judgment to solve problems based on guidelines and procedures
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Basic familiarity and understanding of engineering codes and standards
- Proficient with computer aided design and drafting using Civil 3D/Autocad
- Familiarity with 3D modelling for grading surface, drainage, roadway, and other civil components.
- Familiarity with MS Office and AutoCAD.
- Experience with Bentley Prostructures is not essential, but would be considered an asset.
Join our team and discover an exciting career with endless opportunities for learning, advancement and professional fulfillment.
NOTE: Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in Solaris Management Consultants Inc.",
Solaris Management Consultants Inc.
Solaris Management Consultants Inc. is an engineering, procurement and construction management company that provides services to the oil & gas and petroleum industries.