Securiguard is committed to building a facilitative environment of respect and personal growth for all of our staff. We support this commitment with highly competitive compensation and benefits, comprehensive training, reliable equipment and supportive supervision as well as great opportunities for advancement, community involvement and work/life balance practices.
Currently we are accepting applicants to join our Community Safety Team.
Location: Downtown Vancouver
Job Accountabilities may include, but are not restricted to:
- Assist the public with directions and inquiries about the district, its businesses and its services
- Coordinating & Liaising with Police and other Emergency Services Providers as required
- Providing detailed reports including occurrence reports, incident reports, and patrol reports as required
- Provide an effective street presence, monitoring and deterring criminal activities in parking facilities and other public areas
- Report crime and disorder concerns to appropriate agencies and assist in keeping these from taking root
- Complete accurate and concise daily incident reports on issues attended to and follow up with other agencies to resolve problems
- Provide Safe Walk services where safety might be a concern, and where feasible, by escorting employees and visitors to their vehicles on request
- Assist street homeless and other disadvantaged individuals wherever possible
- Be a role model for good citizenship
- Conduct patrols of parkades looking for stolen autos, report crimes in progress or crimes that have occurred, help tourists or locals in need of assistance or observe suspicious activity
- Work with the Vancouver Police Department by alerting the police to suspicious activity or crimes that have already occurred or that may occur and recovering stolen property
- Establish a professional working relationship with the client in order to coordinate meetings, report security breaches, and fulfill reporting requirements
- Assess officer performance and initiate corrective/training action or the more serious issuance of a Corrective Action Report and its forwarding to the Operations Manager
- Mentor officers on site/duty protocols and conduct, deportment, reporting procedures, company policy/procedures, and corporate Mission Statement and Values
- Evaluate officers who show potential for advancement, identify strengths, weaknesses, and initiate improvement and mentoring activities as appropriate
- Review emails and reports filed before shift commencement, in addition to confirming tasking assignments/requests and planning the shift duties accordingly
- Supervisors are expected to present themselves as deportment role models to site personnel, clients, and Securiguard management and staff
- Performs other duties and special projects assigned by the Account Manager or client as required
- Valid B.C. Security License.
- Previous experience in security an asset.
- Class 5 driver's abstract and clean driver's abstract a strong asset.
- Passionate about security and interested in pursuing a career in law enforcement.
- Excellent customer service.
- Confident handling confrontation in an assertive, calm, and respectful manner.
- Must be physically fit and able to conduct continuous foot patrol for full 8-hour shift.
- Must be comfortable working independently and in varying weather conditions.
Employee Perks We Offer:
- Free Uniforms
- Paid Training
- Benefits after 9 months to P/T & F/T Employees (Conditions Apply)
- Discount Cineplex Movie Tickets
- Flexible Schedules
- Recognition Programs & Events
Securiguard Services Ltd.
Established in 1974, Securiguard Services Ltd. provides security consultation and management services.