The Coordinator, Graduate Programs, EDSW, is responsible for researching, designing, implementing, and leading a student service delivery model for the Faculty of Education and Social Work’s Graduate Programs and for providing leadership in Graduate Programs operations.
- Day-to-day operations of Graduate Programs office in the Faculty of Education and Social Work.
- Supervise and train support staff for EDSW Graduate Programs such as Program Advisor(s) and Program Assistant(s) including hiring, training, work scheduling, performance management, and evaluation. Identify additional staffing needs to meet peak demands.
- Participate in recruitment activities, such as presenting information sessions and attending recruitment fairs.
- Develop a culture of student-centered work and customer service, including through communications and online, orientation, Graduate Programs in Education Success Centre.
- Build capacity and infrastructure within EDSW to offer Graduate Programs.
- Liaison with Graduate Studies (TRU).
- Guidance for new faculty in EDSW Graduate Programs, including on-boarding arrangements and information.
- Oversee committee duties including coordinating and attending meetings – track submissions and prepare reports including academic planning reports and financial reports for presentation to the Graduate Committees, and maintain a database.
- Communicate effectively with TRU and EDSW stakeholders regarding EDSW Graduate Programs.
- Organize Graduate Program events for students and faculty.
Coordinate and manage relations with International Graduate Admissions and Graduate Admissions to ensure the successful and timely admission of graduate students.
Dean, Faculty of Education and Social Work
- Master's degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. M.Ed, MBA, M.A.) from an accredited University
- Two years’ experience in a post-secondary environment dealing extensively with international students from various cultural backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement new programs and procedures
- Proficient in the creation and use of spreadsheets, templates and website related information
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to supervise staff
- Ability to work as a solution-oriented member of the EDSW team
- Ability to travel domestically as required
- Ability to deal courteously and tactfully with students, staff and members of the general public