Join our Winning Team as a Data Scientist
When was the last time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do it every day. Why? Because we’re proud to work for a company with a strong mission and trusted brand. We’re proud to work with people who care about what they do and work hard every day to deliver their best.
And just announced
return of the 4-day work week
from May 30th through Labour Day! We’ve created the type of company culture where the term, “work- hard play- hard” isn’t just a catchy saying, it’s part of the
As a Data Scientist , you will be working with the Data Services and Data Technologies teams to create machine learning solutions for a new product. You will work collaboratively with data engineers and data mappers to design, build and scale our ambitious machine learning and natural language processing solutions.
As a Data Scientist, your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the design, development and deployment of our deep learning, ML and NLP solutions
- Maintaining and improving established, advanced machine learning processes on data mining
- Providing actionable ad hoc analytics insights for internal stakeholders
- Designing and building recurring reports for internal stakeholders to make data-driven decisions
- Using advanced analytical methods to explore and extract additional data value for existing and emerging products
- Documenting analysis results and presenting value to stakeholders
- Creating reusable processes to assist data evaluation and analysis across teams within the Data Services department
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- Master’s Degree in Statistics, Data Science or related field
- 4+ years’ experience in SQL/Spark, R, Python
- 4+ years of experience in building and applying machine learning, predictive modeling, or natural language processing solutions to business problems
- Deep understanding and experience with advanced statistics and modern machine learning predictive techniques, including GLMs, decision trees, boosted ensembles, neural networks, deep learning, etc.
- Experience with Named Entity Recognition (NER), Sentiment Analysis, Data Tokenization, Lexical Semantics, Relationship Extraction, etc.
- Ability to effectively communicate analysis and insights to all levels of the organization
- A passion for continuous learning
- Confidence to challenge the status quo
CARFAX , part of S&P Global Mobility, helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, service and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, CARFAX Car Care, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX® Vehicle History Report™ to consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX owns the world’s largest vehicle history database and is nationally recognized as a top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Shop, Buy, Service, Sell – Show me the CARFAX™. S&P Global Mobility is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). S&P Global is the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks, analytics and workflow solutions in the global capital, commodity and automotive markets.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.
CARFAX is a provider of vehicle history reports used by consumers and businesses when purchasing pre-owned vehicles.