What is the opportunity?
The Manager, Transaction Monitoring is mandated to develop and maintain an efficient and effective AML/ATF Transaction Monitoring program that considers regulatory expectations, industry trends and innovation opportunities. Utilizing sophisticated tools and techniques the Manager of Global AML Transaction Monitoring will develop and tune new and existing solutions used to identify suspicious activity, analyze data to identify RBC clients who present an elevated level of risk (financial and reputational) and continuously look for opportunities to provide more relevant and valuable intelligence to the Global AML program.
What will you do?
- Develop new AML Transaction Monitoring solutions with machine learning and data science techniques
- Present newly developed models with clear visualizations to the Senior Director, AML Analytics and AML Governance Committee
- Maintain and improve existing AML solutions. Identify opportunities in applying new technologies to AML transaction monitoring
- Provide recommendations to the Senior Director, AML Analytics and AML Governance Committee on any findings of model performance
- Collaborate with AML Monitoring Committee to prioritize development of monitoring solutions. Collaborate with other Monitoring and Analytics teams to identify and remediate RBC risk exposure, and implement / tune transaction monitoring solutions as necessary to address risk
- Provide project support relating to the development of AML Transaction Monitoring solutions. Transaction monitoring innovation lead for new analytics/quantitative transaction monitoring methods and technologies
- Collaborate with business partners, industry peers and external vendors to improve effectiveness and efficiency of transaction monitoring program
- Identifying industry best practices and new technologies for strategic consideration by the AML Monitoring and AML Governance Committee
What do you need to succeed?
- 5-7 years’ of previous experience and post-secondary education
- Strong data, analytical, quantitative method and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in SQL query tasks and familiarity with different SQL databases
- Expertise in analyzing and manipulating large datasets with tools such as Python or R
- Experience in using data visualizations to elaborate model performance with Python or R. Experience with supervised and unsupervised learning, network analysis, and NLP
- Proven excellent written and oral communication skills to convey complex concepts to a non-technical audience
Nice to have
- Graduate degree (MBA or relevant subject matter area)
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) designation or other related certification
- Familiarity with big data tools such as Spark, Scala, and Hadoop is a plus
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, and stock where applicable.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to do challenging work.
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities.