KUBRA is looking for a Director, Corporate Development - Mergers & Acquisitions to join our Business Development team and support our continuous growth strategy!
As the Director, Corporate Development M&A , reporting directly into the SVP, Business Development, you will be responsible for supporting and facilitating the purchase or consolidation of a target from inception to close through various M&A transaction activities, including but not limited to: business investment thesis, financial and operational due diligence, financial and synergy modelling.
What you get to do every day
- As the Director, Corporate Development M&A , you will work on a variety of transactions in all M&A stages, from initial client pitches, CIM review, financial analysis modelling, due diligence, to transaction closing
- Analyze industry prospects by gathering information about target, market, competitors, and market share possibilities; researching potential acquisitions to find those that are relevant and financially beneficial
- Assisting in new deal assessment - CIM review, investment thesis, financial modeling, and developing valuation analysis
- Marketing outreach efforts including some cold-calling and email marketing – you will directly communicate with management personnel of potential targets to identify the benefits of a deal and illustrate the terms of a proposed agreement
- Assist in the later stages of the M&A process as needed, including: drafting letters of intent, conducting due diligence, negotiating final purchase of agreements
- Provide support in the integration of the target company once the Merger or Acquisition has been executed
What kind of person should you be?
- An analytical thinker with a deep understanding of financial statements, accounting, and M&A procedures
- Detailed-oriented with the ability to analyze and organize disparate pieces of data for diligence and modelling
- An excellent communicator both when writing and speaking — you’re comfortable presenting solutions and information to a variety of stakeholders, including management personnel of KUBRA and M&A targets
- A relationship builder – you’re an extrovert with superior interpersonal and relationship skills, allowing you to create trust with M&A targets
- Self-motivated and organized
What skills do you need?
- 5+ years of relevant M&A experience evaluating and executing middle-market M&A transactions
- Hands on experience with financial modelling and analysis
- Ability to analyze and organize disparate pieces of data for diligence and modelling
- High level of proficiency with MS Office: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building and communication skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (Business Administration, Finance, Accounting). Graduate degree in these fields and/or MBA is an asset, but not required.