ConeTec Investigations is hiring Drillers, Helpers and Drillers in Training.
*Candidates must live within commuting distance of Richmond Hill Ontario*
We are an industry leading geotechnical and environmental drilling contractor operating throughout the America’s. We keep a staff of safety focused, long term, dedicated employees, that like to work hard and enjoy adventure. ( www.mudbaydrilling.com or www.conetec.com)
The available positions are local to our Toronto/ Richmond Hill office. Approximately 1/2 the work is local to the the Greater Toronto area and the other 1/2 requires travel.
Drillers and helpers operate specialized equipment to collect data and samples for engineers, scientists, and geologists. They operate in a variety of industries and environments including mining, oil and gas, urban, and infrastructure. Employees are often away from home for long periods of time on field assignments. Work hours and shifts vary greatly. Hours generally exceed 10-12 hrs/day, and shifts vary between 5 to 21 days straight followed by 2 to 7 days off.
The position requires significant physical labour. Duties include:
- operating drilling and support equipment
- driving and transporting materials in light and medium duty vehicles
- general labour; lifting, carrying, and organizing materials and consumables
- transporting water and maintaining water supply's
- assisting with drilling operations; handling heavy drill steel
- cleaning and maintaining equipment and work sites
- Experience related to geotechnical or environmenta drilling is an asset, but not required
- Ability to work in mining and oil & gas environments including the ability to pass pre-access, post incident, and annual drug and alcohol screening
- Full and valid drivers license with reasonable drivers abstract, commercial DL is an asset. A drivers abstract will be required with your application.
- Willingness to work long hours outdoors in all conditions
- Willingness to work hard, and travel for work
- Positive attitude in the work place
- Hourly pay including daily overtime, weekly overtime, and double time
Paid travel and training
Paid out-of-town accommodations
- Out of town living allowance
- Additional bonuses and perks
- Excellent benefits
- Lots of overtime
- Year-round work
ConeTec Investigations Ltd.
ConeTec Investigations Ltd. is a full-service geotechnical and geoenvironmental site investigation contractor.