As an Estimator , you will work both individually as well as part of a small team to develop detailed construction estimates / budgets for various industrial, commercial, institutional, and residential projects.
- Review contract document to identify project scope.
- Review supplementary conditions to identify areas of risk.
- Prepare subcontractor bid lists and solicit subcontractor quotations.
- Perform detailed project takeoffs.
- Prepare detailed cost estimates for work performed by own forces.
- Write/review detailed subcontractor scopes of work.
- Develop detailed budgets for work performed by subcontractors.
- Ensure each estimate receives adequate trade coverage.
- Review subcontractor quotes for scope gap.
- Prepare/review detailed general conditions estimates for each project being bid/budgeted.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of historical data.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with vendors and subcontractors.
- Work in a team environment
- Knowledge of digital takeoff software
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Exemplary planning and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize daily workload
- High level verbal and written communications skills
Education and Experience:
- Diploma or degree in engineering, construction science/management or relevant field.
- Independent worker with the ability to deal with highly sensitive and confidential information exercising diplomacy and tact.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism.
- Office environment including sitting at a desk for extender period of times.
- Occasional attendance on construction sites with exposure to dust, mud, heat, cold, inclement weather conditions and construction debris.
- Flexibility in working hours to meet project demands.
- Extensive reading of drawings and specifications.
Collaborative Structures Limited
Collaborative Structures Limited provides construction management, general contracting, and design-build services within southwestern Ontario.