Do you want to…
- Work for the #1 city hotel in Canada,
Be part of an extraordinary team,
Elevate your career with a global luxury brand offering extensive development opportunities,
Utilize global perks & privileges & enjoy a competitive wage + attractive benefits package?
Then you might be our next Executive Pastry Chef!
Executive Pastry Chef
A rare opportunity has become available to join the unique Botanist Restaurant positioned in the Fairmont Pacific Rim. Ranked as the Best Restaurant in Vancouver and as one of Canada’s top 100 Restaurants. A perfect role for a super creative pastry chef with Michelin or 5 star hotel experiences, you will be hands-on and love leading your team from the front.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Uphold culture and standards of the Fairmont Pacific Rim
- Maintains departmental standards as determined by the Executive Chef.
- While working alongside Botanist Executive Chef
- Work closely with colleagues to ensure the high quality and consistency of food preparation and presentation in a hand on manner.
- Ensure that the pastry and baked goods of the hotel is the leading product in the city.
- Train and educate employees on luxury standards and international culinary techniques.
- Responsible for the seasonal revision of the pastry menus and promotions
- Monitors performance levels of all team members and acts accordingly.
- Responsible for timely completion of all one-on-one meetings and performance reviews.
- Actively involved in our apprenticeship program including demonstrations and follow up with students.
- Ensures that the kitchen area is clean and the equipment is functional.
- Strives to advance his/her knowledge, skills and abilities and consistently share these with others.
- Promotes teamwork between the kitchen and all other departments.
- Assist on product development for Giovane Café, IRD, Banquets, Lobby Lounge
- Responsible for the day to day maintenance of labor and food cost controls.
- Creates weekly schedule for the pastry division, ensuring proper staffing scheduling in accordance to productivity guidelines.
- Acts as a role model to junior staff members by maintaining a professional work ethic and displaying sound cooking skills.
- Actively participates in the Fairmont Pacific Rim's environmental program and department specific initiatives in working towards sustainable operations.
- Health & Safety conscious and actively involved in maintaining a safe work environment.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 6-8 years of pastry experience in a similar high volume environment is required. This will include all areas of the pastry function such as wedding cakes, baking, showpieces, yeast products, French pastry and chocolate.
- A minimum of two years previous experience in a senior role as a Pastry Chef is required.
- Trade qualifications are required.
- Experience overseeing multiple venues
- Must be highly resourceful and innovative, detail oriented, quality conscious and aware of contemporary trends in presentation and preparation.
- Must be an effective leader, manager, trainer, developer, administrator and team player with strong communication and organizational skills.
- Experience in a 5 star luxury international hotel or a premier restaurant standard is required.
- International experience and/or training are required.
- Proven track record of cost control including food, labor, equipment and wastage to meet the hotels financial goals.
- Experience organizing off-site catering events is an asset.
- Previous experience teaching or doing demonstrations is an asset.
- BC Food Safe Certification is an asset.
Visa Requirements : Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.