Please be advised the successful candidate must be flexible and mobile to train/place and provide support at any of the retail branch locations within the Windsor Core Community (Windsor Main Branch, Devon Plaza Branch, 1600 Huron Church Rd Branch, Tecumseh & Albert Branch, Dougall & Cabana Branch) and surrounding areas as required.
The applicant must also be flexible with schedule and availability to support all branch days and hours of operation (including extended hours, and Saturday's) as required.
What is the opportunity?
As an RBC Financial Advisor, you attract, nurture, and grow relationships with our high-value personal and small business clients by adding value in the moments that matter to them. You provide your clients with proactive, professional advice and collaborate with RBC partners to help clients with their goals and key life events. As an expert advisor, you contribute to strong sales and retention. Whether you are helping a client learn how to bank digitally, proposing an investment strategy to finance their child’s education or recommending how to borrow for their “Someday”, your expertise will contribute to creating meaningful and memorable client experiences.
What will you do?
- Communicate with clients to learn about their needs and help them achieve their goals
- Provide professional advice and education with an ability to address complex credit and investment needs, concerning both personal and business needs
- Collaborate with market-leading professionals in financial planning, retirement planning, mortgages, and business banking experts to ensure clients receive customized and targeted expert advice
- Leverage technology to deliver on client experience and drive sales and retention
- Proactively take ownership of resolving and preventing client’s banking problems
- Implement contact and relationship building strategies, and support new client acquisition in local community
- Educate clients of the features and benefits RBC products and services offer, and help clients with digital, banking including mobile, ATM, and online banking
What do you need to succeed?
- Valid Mutual Funds accreditation (Investment Funds in Canada or Canadian Securities Course)
- Completed Certificate in Financial Services Advice, offered through the CSI (e.g., Personal Financial Service Advice and Financial Planning I)
- 2-3 years of proven sales experience in the financial services industry, handling credit and investments
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and maintain long-term client relationships
- Digital literacy across a broad range of devices (e.g., smartphones, tablets, laptops, etc.)
- Fluency in a second language
- Active in the local community, developing a solid network in the local community