Eager to help students turn “Je ne sais pas” into “Oh la la”? Motivated to help support children’s French education outside of the classroom?
Oxford Learning LaSalle has an opening for an upbeat, passionate, committed, enthusiastic, and dynamic French teacher who wants to work in a rewarding teaching environment. Our French Programs offer individual support to students looking to improve their academic skills and study habits. Candidates must possess a strong passion for seeing students succeed and must be comfortable teaching students ranging in age from Kindergarten to Grade 12 in French.
Candidates must possess a strong background in spoken and written French and English and be comfortable teaching up to a Grade 9 level, but up to Grade 12 is preferred. The candidate is required to instruct class sessions in French.
Our candidate must have:
- A rockstar personality, tenacious drive, strong leadership skills
- Ability to work in an environment that yields fast-paced results
- The ability to multitask, be flexible, and think on your feet
- Vibrant personality, and enjoys interaction with young people
- Dynamic, energetic, and outgoing personality
- Dedicated and passionate teacher who thrives on seeing students succeed
- Upbeat and willing to motivate children
- Must be flexible in availability
- Experience working in an educational environment dealing with large student bodies
- Strong secondary school French skills are an asset
- Experience working in a business environment is an asset
- Experience with billing cycles required
- Strong computer skills (MS Office)
- Strong phone skills and experience in customer service (experience in sales is preferred)
- Minimum university degree (Credits in social sciences, languages, math and business preferred)
- Strong secondary school mathematics skills are an asset
- Additional language(s) spoken is an asset
- Bachelor's degree or similar certification in a relevant field
- 3-5 years administrative experience in a supervisory role
- Teaching certification is an asset
- Extensive knowledge of written and verbal French Language
- Experience in either teaching or tutoring environment in French
- A Bachelor of Education, or currently enrolled in a B.Ed program
- Undergraduate or post-secondary qualification
If you possess all of the above qualities, meet all the qualifications, and want to join a high-energy group of educators whose goal is to see students succeed, then please send your cover letter and resume. We thank all applicants for their interest in Oxford Learning. However, only those selected for the interview process will be contacted.
Oxford Learning Centre
Established in 1984, Oxford Learning Centre is a provider of supplementary programs in reading, writing, spelling, mathematics, study and homework skills.