Oxford Learning Kitchener an opening for upbeat, passionate, committed, enthusiastic, and dynamic teachers who want to work in a rewarding teaching environment. Our English and Math Programs (Grades 1-8) offer individual support to students looking to improve their academic skills and study habits.
This position is for our new Learning Pod program which is an alternative for a student returning to their regular school. The tutor will teach Oxford's curriculum as well as assist their students with his/her distance learning assignments from school during the day.
Our candidate must have:
- A rock star personality, tenacious drive, strong leadership skills
- Ability to work in an environment that yields fast paced results
- The ability to multitask, be flexible, and think on your feet
- Vibrant personality, and enjoys interaction with young people
- Dynamic, energetic, and outgoing personality
- Dedicated and passionate teacher who thrives on seeing students succeed
- Upbeat and willing to motivate children
- Must be flexible in availability
- Experience in either teaching, tutoring and/or coaching children
- Camp experience is preferred
- French is an asset
- Ability to teach mathematics up to Grade 8
All tutors are trained to use Oxford Learnings Interactive Coaching method.
- This position would begin full-time in July for summer camp and transition into the fall for the school year.
- This is full-time (30-40hrs per week). Holidays will be the same as school, except for PA days. This position is Monday-Friday 9am to 330pm with the possibility for extra tutoring hours to be added until 5pm. There is no flexibility with these hours.
- Pod teaching will be a 6:1 ratio. We have students with varying needs, abilities and grade levels. A high level of flexibility is required as well as knowledge of behaviour management strategies, exceptional attention to detail and great multitasking. It is a fast-paced environment.
- All tutors are required to provide a criminal background check, first aid certification and will need to complete a competency test (for English, French and/or Math) before being hired.
- A one year commitment is required for this position.
If you possess all of the above qualities, meet all the qualifications, and want to join a high energy group of educators whose goal is to see students succeed, then please email your cover letter and resume . We thank all applicants for your interest in Oxford Learning. However, only those selected for the interview process will be contacted.
Careers with Tutor Bermuda
Oxford Learning Centre
Established in 1984, Oxford Learning Centre is a provider of supplementary programs in reading, writing, spelling, mathematics, study and homework skills.