Superior Propane is Canada’s leading and reliable propane provider. Customers have trusted the experts at Superior to fuel their homes and businesses since 1951. Customer Focus, Performance, Safety, and Winning with People are the four key values that are the foundation of everything that we do.
We are seeking a full time G1 or G2 Gas Technician to join the Walkerton, ON team. The Gas Technician is responsible for installing and servicing complex residential and commercial propane and natural gas related equipment up to and greater than 400,000 BTUs.
role specific responsibilities:
- Apply advanced technical knowledge in the installation and service of complex residential and commercial propane and natural gas related equipment. This will include, but is not limited to repairs, dispenser inspections and re-qualifying cylinders, the installation and service of propane tanks and propane and natural gas appliances. Provision of preventative maintenance solutions and scheduled maintenance for residential and commercial applications and customers.
- Safe operation of the crane truck and other service vehicles required to perform tank installations, relocation's and pickups.
- Maintain, request and stock service truck with inventory. Ensure all necessary parts, materials and supplies, and equipment is available to perform daily work orders and meet customer requests.
- Collect customer signature/stamps and payments for deposit if necessary utilizing OBTC technology.
- Apply lock out procedures in unsafe customer installations.
- Conduct and maintain the highest standard of safety in all activities and operations ensuring compliance with the regulatory bodies and relevant regulations. This includes conducting and, if applicable documenting, pre and post vehicle inspections, site inspections and visual tank inspections.
- Collaborate with the Service Coordinator frequently for routing and scheduling information. Notify the Service Coordinator of any service, customer, routing, scheduling or safety issues immediately to obtain their guidance and instruction on how to resolve the issue or situation.
- Collaborate with the Market Manager or Field Operations Manager and inform them of any successes, issues or challenges encountered. Obtain their approval for overtime and submit hours worked on a timely basis bi-weekly.
- Provide exceptional customer service by promoting the company and its products and services positively and maintaining good customer relations.
- Seek, identify and capitalize on sales opportunities by providing product information, brochures with basic price and a contact number.
- Valid G1 or G2 Gas Technician certificate.
- A minimum of 1-3 years experience.
- HVAC certification and qualifications are preferred.
- Advanced technical knowledge of propane appliances, equipment and plant operations.
- Excellent knowledge of B149 code.
- Valid driver’s license and incident free driver’s abstract.
- Physically capable of lifting heavy objects on a regular basis.
- Good customer service skills.
- Good communications skills.
- Knowledge and ability to use computers, specifically the on board truck computers.
Superior Propane Inc.
Superior Propane Inc., a division of Superior Plus LP, is a provider of portable fuels, equipment and services to residential, commercial and industrial customers.