Sales and Marketing Manager, Northwest Region
Life at Cirque is about sharing our passion and about creating wonder with talented colleagues, all the while delivering at the highest quality in a fast-moving environment. Boldness and curiosity are a part of our DNA and hopefully a part of yours too. Together, we work hard, juggle priorities, shift trajectories, have loads of fun and, above all, dare to reinvent ourselves and meet new challenges.
Reporting to the Director, sales and marketing – North West region, the Sales and Marketing Manager plays a key role in achieving the business objectives of the Cirque du Soleil Touring Shows Division. Beyond strategies and action plans, it is essential that the candidate demonstrate leadership qualities and a work method that rallies individuals around a common goal so as to maximize the team’s chances of success.
You will be required to:
- Execute effective management of the marketing campaign, advertising and promotional activities of the organization;
- Drive campaign management for client acquisition/retention programs across multiple channels and responsible to ensure all channels of sales (VIP, Behind the Scenes, Corporate and Group Sales and all other products) are producing results;
· Support and facilitate sales and marketing initiatives of corporate and group sales in the region;
· Provide assistance on press releases, contributed articles, presentations, events, and conferences;
·Develop, establish and maintain marketing strategies to meet organizational objectives on both arena and big top in the region;
· Execute marketing campaigns and analyze performance that leverage behavioral interest profiling to drive new client acquisition & sales revenue;
· Create effective, compelling positioning, messaging, and sales tools that are understood and used by our different partners or agencies;
· Liaise between the various marketing teams on tour and internal Cirque du Soleil departments (Public Relations, Box Office, distribution …);
· Manage the total budget (media purchasing, promotional events and public relations) for each show under your responsibility in self promote touring format;
· Plan the tour extension strategy;
- Review and analyze sales trends and make forecasts accordingly;
· Supervise our partners (agencies and venues) in compliance with Cirque du Soleil brand standards;
· Manage relations with, agencies and venues, and continuously monitor their performance;
· Find and utilize local third-party partnerships, including local resellers, for each show under your responsibility;
· Manage the research and development of local strategies, resellers and business opportunities in a given region;
· Build and maintain a network of resource people;
· Build and maintain relationships with tour personnel and share marketing plans;
· Liaise with the public relations agents on tour with regard to PR activities.
We would like to meet you if you have:
- The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications;
- University degree in marketing or communications;
- Minimum five years’ relevant experience in marketing, advertising, market launches and brand management;
- Ability to manage priorities;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Strong communication and analytical skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Reliability and sense of responsibility;
- Creativity and ability to innovate;
- Sense of urgency and ability to follow up;
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously;
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Fluency in English and French, both spoken and written;
- Availability to travel frequently.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is much more than just a show: it’s also you. At the centre of Cirque's creative energy are talented people with a passion for challenging their own limits. You will love to:
- Make a real visible difference in what you do;
- Learn and grow within our international environment;
- See our shows and contribute to their success;
- Get involved in our community.
+ Read more
Cirque du Soleil
Cirque du Soleil is an international entertainment organization with operations in artistic creation, performance and merchandising.