The Clerk HMR and ALC is responsible for carrying out the full range of duties of the position in a professional, responsible, accurate and timely fashion. The Clerk will deliver exceptional customer service, foster customer loyalty, fulfill customer needs and actively contribute to an environment of employee and customer engagement.
• Follow and Adhere to all Food Safety Protocols, Standard Operating Procedures, Health and Safety,
corporate policies, and other programs and initiatives
• Utilize all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
• Inventory control procedures followed when ordering and receiving stock
• Support and process customer meal orders
• Assist in performing program execution and merchandising of product
• In accordance with relevant Food Safety policies, handle and prepare cold and hot deli products
• Assist in the increase of store sales by actively promoting products
• Support and participate in the training of junior staff
• Order and receive stock in accordance with company inventory control procedures as required
• Process department shrink
• Maintain a clean and safe working environment as per Company requirements
• Provide customer service to meet customer needs
• Other duties as required
• Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
• Customer service
• May be required to lift up to 50lbs
• Two person lift required for weights exceeding 50lbs
• Ability to stand for long periods of time
• Physical work including; but not limited to bending, lifting, and reaching
• Exposure to varying temperatures over short periods of time
• Exposure to sanitation and cleaning chemicals
• Flexible hours and overtime
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
Sobeys Inc. is a grocery retailer and merchant wholesaler that provides food distribution services across Canada.