Housekeeping Manager, Training & Recruitment
Housekeeping Manager, Training & Recruitment
Creating an engaging work environment for Colleagues of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is as important as turning moments into memories for our guests. Your leadership skills and the values you model as Housekeeping Manager, Recruitment & Training will inspire your team – not only to ensure an exceptional in-room guest experience, but also to grow their careers with Accor Hotels including Fairmont Hotels & Resorts.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge is surrounded by the snow capped mountains and enchanting lakes of Jasper National Park; a UNESCO designated World Heritage Site which includes the #1 Best Golf Resort in Canada by the readers of SCOREGolf Magazine, a newly redesigned Fairmont spa, 6 food and beverage outlets, and many outdoor activities which are right outside your door. No matter what time of year you visit Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge, you can expect to be a part of "The True Rocky Mountain Experience".
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Housekeeping, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Follow outlet policies, procedures and service standards
- Receiving all Housekeeping resumes from Talent and Culture
- Processing all approved applicants through the full interview process
- Facilitating departmental orientation and training of all new housekeeping colleagues
- Maintaining ongoing training program for Housekeeping department including refresher training for current colleague
- Ensure all employees are trained to work safely
- Progressive evaluation of staff performance in collaboration with Housekeeping Supervisors and Managers
- Establish and maintain constructive, supportive and professional colleague relationships
- Directly involved in operational training and continuous hands on coaching on property.
- Taking full ownership of all aspects of training and development of Room Attendants to maximize productivity, reporting of maintenance issues and all other initiatives.
- Assist in overseeing daily operations of the department in the absence of the Housekeeping Manager.
- Assist with the administration and management of Housekeeping operations
- Ensure the highest standards of cleanliness in accordance with the Hotel standards, policies and procedures at all times
- Maintain the adherence to Fairmont brand standards
- Maintain and ensure in room furniture and equipment is in good working order and maintained
- Handle guest complaints and follow through on action required
- Assist in general office administration which includes payroll, scheduling, ordering supplies and inventory control
- Involved in all aspects of the Housekeeping operations & b alance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Complete regular Guest Room Audits and providing associated feedback.
- Maintain and creating initiatives in support of our Brand constituents.
- Adhere to the hotel’s vehicle handling and safety policies while driving hotel and guest vehicles
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous hospitality leadership experience required
- 3 years of Housekeeping experience, preferably in a 4 or 5 star property
- Human Resources / Training experience is an asset
- Strong organization and communication skills necessary
- Computer literacy in Property Manager, Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Birchstreet an asset
- Completion of Train the Trainer and Interaction Management an asset
- University/College degree in a related discipline an asset
- Must possess a meticulous eye for detail
- Demonstrated ability to lead in a cohesive and supportive team environment
- Must meet the minimum requirements on the Talent Meter for Managers & Supervisors
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team with minimal supervision
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY : Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
about fairmont hotels & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
+ Read more