Westland Insurance Group Ltd is growing and has a new opportunity for an Insurance Advisor in Port Alberni, BC . Do you love to talk about insurance and provide exceptional customer service? If so, you will love working for Westland! We are looking for a career minded individual who is focused on growing their insurance industry knowledge and experience.
Named the 2018 Big Brokerage of the Year by Insurance Business Canada, Westland is one of the largest independent insurance brokers in Canada with over 1000 employees across 85 offices throughout Alberta & BC. We have experienced rapid expansion in the past 5 years and are positioned to continue on this growth path.
- Base salary
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- Diverse mix of staff and demonstrated work/life balance
- Career growth opportunities and continuing education programs
The Insurance Advisor is an integral part of a team and will be the first point of contact for customers.
The role will:
- Engage with clients to determine their needs and provide expert advice to ensure the best coverage for them
- Maintain and manage a book of business and strong client relationships through proactive contact via phone, letter and email
- Develop new business opportunities by securing expiry dates and cross selling
- Manage and process renewals on a timely basis and maintain high levels of client retention
- Support clients in the claims process
- High School graduate
- Insurance Broker level 1 license preferred, but willing to train
- Previous insurance experience is an asset
- A natural ability at building authentic customer relationships and functioning as part of a team
- High level of motivation, excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and to exercise discretion are important qualities
- Strong work ethic without sacrificing your ability to have fun on the job
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Westland Insurance Group Ltd.
Westland Insurance Group Ltd. provides home, auto and business insurance from 18 locations in southwestern British Columbia.