Company Name: Hiram Walker & Sons Ltd.
Location: Windsor, ON
Hiram Walker & Sons Limited
, a Pernod Ricard Company, is the place where ambition thrives. As part of a global enterprise, we are proud to be delivering the market such exciting brands as Wiser's Whisky, Polar Ice Vodka, Malibu Rum, and Lamb's rum. Let your ambition lead you toward outstanding opportunities with progressive rewards. For insight on our heritage please click
Note: All candidates must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and present proof upon hiring unless you qualify for a reasonable accommodation based on a human rights protected ground (effective November 15, 2021).
The IT Application Development team at Pernod Ricard North America is responsible for the development of a wide array of line-of-business tools for internal business customers. New enterprise-grade technologies are employed to build cutting-edge applications with strong user experiences in the Canadian, American, and Travel Retail markets.
This role will be responsible for:
- Application Development and support lifecycle, including developing new applications and enhancing existing ones, performing complex problem solving and issue resolution, documenting application changes as well as issues and resolutions, partnering with IT functional leads on application enhancements and support, and providing technical collaboration with third party agencies and vendors as needed.
- APIs/Integrations Development : de signing, coding, integration testing, and implementation of integration development projects. This role will require delivering detailed design for APIs and micro-services development within the integration space. Being able to understand large enterprise level architecture, provide design recommendations, and work with cross functional application teams to provide the best solution to meet the project needs are crucial for the role.
key duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for developing new solutions for mobile, web applications, security and API/integrations.
- Responsible for developing enhancements and break-fixes for traditional web applications, mobile applications, and reports, in both new and existing systems.
- Responsible for developing ETL/ELT solutions and related data integrations using cloud based tools (E.g. Azure Data Factory)
- Responsible for working with the IT Architect, Applications to build standards for Machine Learning/AI within the application development team.
- Responsible for system support including answering incoming tickets, e-mails, and phone messages, complex problem solving, resolving data discrepancies, and documenting all issues and resolutions.
- Responsible for off-hours support as required.
- Provide technical collaboration and assistance to 3rd party agencies and vendors leading projects or providing IT services as appropriate mobile and web initiatives.
- Assist application functional leads in design sessions with business users related to application enhancement work and in preparing functional specification documents.
- Perform system testing on application enhancements and break-fixes before they are rolled out to the business for UAT.
- Assist Application Manager in evaluating capabilities of application tools and new technologies to direct proper application development strategy.
- Coordinate with Infrastructure team and vendors to resolve product issues by raising service requests where required.
- Assist functional leads with application training for business users.
key competencies and kpis
- : Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
Experience/ Background :
- 2-3 years of experience in Java development
- 2-3 years of experience in web application development
- 2-3 years of experience in mobile (hybrid) application development
- 1-2 years of experience in API or RESTful web service development
- 1-2 years of experience in SQL design and development in a relational database environment
Skills/ Competencies :
- Excellent problem solving and design skills as well as a strong troubleshooting background.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) as well as ability to work independently or in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability and willingness to learn new applications rapidly.
- Ability to create clear and accurate documentation procedures and willingness to continually use and update documentation.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum Methodologies and some project management.
- Excellent understanding of Java software development in a web-based environment.(JSP, Servlets)
- Excellent understanding of web technologies including but not limited to: CSS3, SASS, AJAX, XML
- Strong understanding of RDBMS, and specifically Oracle PL/SQL language.
- Strong understanding of RESTful APIs.
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture and related technologies an asset.
- Strong understanding of Tomcat Server in a production environment.
- Experience with Sencha/Angular/Ionic and Cordova/PhoneGap an asset.
- Experience with Eclipse, Maven, Nexus, GIT, BitBucket, Jira, Bamboo an asset.
- Experience with MuleSoft technologies a plus.
- Experience with User Interface and User Experience design a plus.
- Experience with advanced Oracle analytic functions, large dataset query tuning and aggregation, preferably in Oracle 12c a plus.
Corby Spirit & Wine Ltd. / Hiram Walker & Sons Ltd.
Founded in 1859, Corby Spirit & Wine Ltd. / Hiram Walker & Sons Ltd. is a distributor of premium spirits and fine wines around the world.