Who We Are
Metrie is a multi-national leader in the millwork industry with over 30 locations that produces and sells interior finishings across North America. We’re passionate about making a difference by helping our customers transform their houses into homes and love where they live! You’ve probably seen our products in the media featured on tv shows and magazines such as HGTV , Style At Home and House & Home , or by one of our Instagram influencers.
Why should you work for Metrie? With us, you’re more than just a number. We work hard to create a home for our Metrie Team Members where you are empowered to be your best every day. Your contributions matter to us! We take pride in our culture of learning, ownership, and one team, and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone.
We offer generous benefits (including a company car lease program), competitive compensation and bonus opportunities to reward you for your contributions and exciting opportunities to collaborate with smart and passionate colleagues and the best customers in the building materials industry.
What You’ll Do
The Key Account Manager is primarily responsible for growing wallet share and/or continuing to build customer lifetime value with key strategic accounts. In addition to growing share, another important focus of this role will be to drive demand generation through identifying areas of business development, selling downstream with channel partners, and delivering commercial insights that drive demand for Metrie products and services. The incumbent should both build strong relationships and become trusted advisors with key influencers and decision makers to bring added value to our Channel Partners. The Key Account Manager will report to the Sales Manager.
Location: This role will be based in Halton Hills, ON with customer travel, up to 50%.
As our Key Account Manager we need your in-depth knowledge of sales, our products and People and solid business acumen to:
- Achieve financial and customer targets by driving sales and margin growth and improving the overall relationship with customer accounts.
- Actively engage relevant stakeholders to generate interest in Metrie products/services, create demand, and help Channel Partners convert and service demand.
- Create and execute strategies to increase the sustainable profitability and drive top and bottom-line growth of accounts.
- Act as a brand advocate by managing the Metrie brand touch points to drive brand value and awareness; leveraging an insight-driven, customer-centric approach (i.e., Challenger Selling) to generate awareness and interest for Metrie products/services among targeted Channel Partners.
- Contribute to the delivery of quarterly and annual sales results that meet or exceed the region targets.
Who You Are
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience within the building products, interior finishing, construction, architect, interior design, or other related fields preferred
- Love to work in an outside sales environment
- Experience in dealing with purchasing agents, senior buyers and small business owners
- You have a passion for customer service and enjoy building rapport with prospective and existing customers
- You are passionate about learning, growing your knowledge and skills and have strong analytical skills.
- Values matter to you. You bring your true self to work and live by ours values – passion, respect, integrity, collaboration, and excellence.
- You demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- You have excellent organizational skills and effective time management to succeed in a fast-paced environment
- You are proficient in web-based computer systems (SAP, HubSpot and Microsoft Office Suite - Teams, Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel)
- You have a valid driver’s license for business travel purposes.
Come work with us! Send us your resume by clicking "Apply Now". We look forward to reviewing your application!
Metrie embraces diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and customers belong. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome any and all qualified applicants. If you require accommodation at any time throughout the recruitment process, please contact our Human Resources team.
Established in 1926, Metrie is a manufacturer and distributor of solid wood and composite moulding.