This role will be accountable for the management and delivery of multiple TIC Operations projects for local and global implementation. Projects will range from low to medium complexity. The role requires a sound understanding of Project Management practices and methodologies, as well as solid comprehension of CSA Group's underlying technologies and business processes. The Manager is be responsible for recommending the project plan, as well as data and process analysis, project communication, and documentation. The Manager oversees cross-functional project team resources from various areas of the organization to assure adherence to project timelines, budgets, and CSA Group policies. This requires the ability to work with resources that do not have direct reporting relationships; leadership skills, a sense of ownership and accountability; strong communication skills effective at various levels from management to Operations staff; capacity to engage and manage a diverse stakeholder community. Conflict management is to be escalated to supervisor, if required. The Manager may also act a mentor for student(s) or interns working in the same program.
- Accountable for timely delivery of assigned low to medium complexity projects or project components.
- Ensures business requirements are clarified and documented.
- Proposes project plans for approval by supervisor.
- Proposes and manages resources required to complete a project, and ensures deliverables are achieved on-time and within budget.
- Conducts data and process analysis, and makes conclusions for the supervisor to review.
- Communicates project progress.
- Timely identifies and escalates issues/conflicts related to the project to supervisor, and actively breaks-down project barriers.
- Provides input/guidance/feedback on the execution of project tasks, where experience allows.
- Can work fully independently (escalate when required); no day-to-day mentor required.
- Supports and promotes Project Management, TIC Operations and CSA Group best practices.
Interfaces/coordinates activities with all CSA Group departments and maintains lines of communication accordingly.
Decision Making :
- Proposes timelines for project activities for approval of supervisor.
- Proposes project resource requirements (e.g. funding, personnel support).
- Conducts day-to-day management of project activities.
- Delivers communication related to the project.
Timely escalates for help.
- Proposes project plan and milestones to be approved by the supervisor. Identifies and communicates changes to original plans for approval of supervisor.
- Proposes with reason project delays, closure, cancellation, or freeze.
- Reports on performance of project team members.
- Technical or management degree (B.A.Sc., B.Eng., B.Sc., B.A.)
- 3-5 years of experience in Project Management and/or Consulting.
- Knowledge of Project Management practices and tools.
- Exposure to transformation initiatives, process re-engineering, and IT programs is a plus.
- Knowledge of the TIC business, government policy, or industry landscape is a plus.
- Research and analytical skills.
- High degree of self-motivation and ownership.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Strong oral and written communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills.
- Competency in application of major Microsoft and Project Management software.
- Experience managing or supervising the activities of others.