Limited with a vision of delivering safe, sustainable energy for all .
CNOOC International, the international division of CNOOC Limited, is a global energy company with operations in Asia, Africa, the Americas, the Middle East and Europe. Our successful growth as an upstream oil and gas producer has been achieved by consistently finding and developing world-class assets.
Our business is focused on safely exploring and producing from conventional offshore, unconventional and oil sands assets. As part of the CNOOC Group of companies, which span the entire energy supply chain, our size and capability create a competitive advantage that ensures we deliver long-term value.
Oil sands development is an important component of CNOOC International’s global portfolio. In Canada, CNOOC Petroleum North America has interest in more than 300,000 acres in the Athabasca region – one of the largest deposits of Canadian oil reserves, where we use technologically advanced production processes such as Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage (SAGD). Our Long Lake facility, located in northern Alberta just south of Fort McMurray, began producing in 2008 and is a SAGD-only operation for the interim, with production capacity of around 72,000 barrels of bitumen a day.
CNOOC and You
Your career at CNOOC is about moving forward – learning new skills, broadening experiences, and making meaningful contributions. From personal career development that enables you to fulfill your potential, to employee programs that help you make the most of work life balance .
This position is classified as a Safety-Sensitive Position. In this role, you will participate in our 14x14 Day shift schedule which requires you to work fourteen 12-hour day shifts (7am – 7pm) , followed by fourteen days off . Schedules are based on business needs and subject to change. We offer free parking at our site or if you’d like us to take the wheel, you can use our daily bus service to/from Fort McMurray.
This is a Fort McMurray based position; therefore the option of camp-in, camp-out or location allowance is provided .
In exchange for your dedicated work is a total rewards package that not only recognizes your contribution, but also provides for your family. We offer competitive Company-paid benefits that support your mental, physical and financial well-being! Including an annual Wellness Account, a generous paramedical allowance, and access to a team of Virtual Health Care professionals to guide you to the right medical resource. Save for your future by participating in our Pension plan and join our Savings Plan with Company-matching. We encourage you to further step up for your community by giving you two paid volunteer days, volunteer rewards and sports grants to support causes that you are passionate about.
Bold ideas, diverse perspectives, and the determination to fuel our success are what set us apart. Therefore, we are seeking a Materials Management Lead to join our growing team in Fort McMurray, Alberta. This dynamic, senior role will be instrumental in driving the safety of our day-to-day operations and the overall performance of our facility.
- Related Post-Secondary Education. University degree in Supply Chain Management, Business or Technical discipline preferred
- Materials Management training (SCMP, CCLP, APICS, Six Sigma, etc.), preferred or equivalent industry experience
- Successful candidates will not only have a strong academic background, but also excellent communication skills, the ability to work in a team, a flexible attitude and the drive and desire to deliver results.
Your Role with Our Team
The position shall be accountable to deliver:
- Overall site leadership for supply chain management activities.
- LEAN focused annual materials and warehousing strategies; implementation, measurement, and performance improving reporting of agreed upon Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Successful delivery and reporting of monthly cycle and annual material physical inventory counts.
- Assurance of safe and compliance focused Storage and Warehouse Management Practices
- Assurance of operational focused Material Planning, Movement and Control in support of CPNA operations
- Assurance that Surplus Material Disposal Strategies and Disposals are completed.
As a “Player-Coach” the position shall be responsible to perform.
- Continuous interaction with site leadership in Production Operations and other key stakeholders
- As Contract Owner of the 3PL contract for warehousing and logistics services, complete field based assessments of for overall service delivery, including oversight of plant site and field based warehousing activity – reporting as required
- Daily coordination of materials for D&C, E&C and/or Production Operations in North America and/or internationally
- Monthly and annual material management control in relation to inventory cycle count scheduling, execution, reconciliation and annual closure
- Educate and inform CPNA leadership and procurement and contracting peers on financial and operational benefits of LEAN focused inventory and warehousing management practices
- Travel to CPNA and CNOOC sites and/or vendor locations in Canada and internationally may be required.
Your Career Development
The opportunities are limitless when you join our team. Our employees are encouraged to drive their development, enhancing their career through experiences, exposure, and education. A mentoring program, on-demand e-Learning courses, and formal training opportunities are all ways in which CNOOC International supports your career growth.
Nexen Energy ULC
Nexen Energy ULC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of CNOOC Limited., is a Calgary-based oil and gas producer with operations around the world.