*Positions like a caregiver, support aide, care aide, care support attendant, and personal aide are appropriate for this role.*
*no care experience needed*
OurMission to You:
As a certified Great Place to Work®, Seasons believes that every singleteam member plays an important role in the overall happiness of our residents.We foster a culture of growth and support for our committed team members andoffer opportunities for personal and professional development to advance arewarding career in the seniors housing sector.
WhatWe Look For:
Seasons looks for individuals whoare enthusiastic about making a positive difference in the life of anotherperson. We hire individuals who are committed to building meaningfulrelationships and strive for service excellence so our residents can be proudto call Seasons their home. Keen attention to details, going the extra mile andputting a little “wow” into everything we do is the Seasons way!
We’relooking for a Memory Care Attendant. This role will make a difference every day in thelives of Seasons’ residents by providing exceptional care, memorable moments bynurturing relationships with our residents and providing safety and wellbeingof our residents in their home. Thisrole will also assist in maintaining a safe and secure environment forresidents, their families’ and other staff in accordance with Seasons vision,mission and values.
What You Will Do:
- Provide person-centered care services to residents with dementia/cognitive impairment (including medication administration) ensuring professionalism, dignity and compassion with each interaction of residents
- As part of the care team, follow infection control measures (per Seasons’ policies/procedures) to enhance the safety and wellbeing of residents and staff
- Provide assistance with activity programs, housekeeping tasks (i.e. making beds, general cleaning) and laundry of residents as assigned
- Respond to resident medical/physical/emotional needs with collaboration from Memory Care Manager/Health and Wellness Manager
- Perform set-up, serving and tear down services for daily meal services as well as assist residents with walking to and from dining room and assist with eating
- Promote and support a person centered approach to care and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with residents and co-workers by committing to making every interaction positive and meaningful
- Complete all necessary education requirements in a timely manner as required
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications or SkillsRequired:
- Covid-19 vaccination is mandatory
- Current First Aid and CPR certification
- Current Safe Food Handler’s certification
- Enrolled in the Alberta Health Care Aide (HCA) Directory (Applicable to Alberta applicants only)
- Empathy and compassion for the needs of the elderly with a specific focus on individuals with Alzheimer’s and Dementia
- Ability to communicate effectively following written and verbal instructions
- Strong ability to organize and prioritize workload throughout scheduled shift
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with residents, team members and guests
- Knowledge of medical equipment is considered an asset (blood pressure machine, oximeter, glucometer- and/or the ability to learn these skills with training)
- Previous experience providing personal care in healthcare environment is preferred
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a conditionof employment, a Criminal Record Search which may include a vulnerable sectorscreen, will be required.
Seasons Retirement Communities (“Seasons”) is an equal opportunity employer andwelcomes applications from all interested parties. In accordance with Season’sAccessibility Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part ofSeason’s hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selectedfor further consideration will be contacted.
Note during COVID-19: At the outset of the COVID-19 situation in Canada,Seasons Retirement Communities implemented heightened precautionary protocolsin all of our homes. We continue to follow the advice of provincial and federalgovernments, our sector regulators and local Public Health agencies. Jobresponsibilities are being reviewed and adjusted accordingly to ensure thewell-being of the successful candidate.
Seasons Retirement Communities
Seasons Retirement Communities operates housing villages that each consist of long term care, full service retirement living and independent living options.