Fountain Tire is looking for experienced and reliable Mining Tire Technicians to join our growing mining division.
s for you and your family
As an important member of our Mining Service Team the Mining Tire Technician's will work a scheduled shift (2 weeks' on, 2 weeks' off) at a remote northern location. The successful candidate will:
- Install, balance, rotate, and repair passenger, light truck, medium truck, farm, industrial and OTR tires, and wheels in a safe and efficient manner as directed by the scope of service contract
- Complete comprehensive tire reports, which may include detail of tire history, average tire hours, tire costs per hour per fleet or per tire size, monthly and year to date costs, cause of failures, and tire budget projects for each year
- Plan suggested schedule tire rotation in coordination with site maintenance personnel and maintain all tire records in accordance with computerized tracking systems; this includes managing tire rotations to maximize tire and equipment performance
- Participate in all safety initiatives, as required or assigned, to guarantee safety at Fountain Tire. This includes adhering to jurisdiction’s Mines Act and client safety procedures and regulations
- Employment contingent on successful pre-access drug test
- 3+ years experience working with passenger, light truck, medium truck, farm, industrial, and OTR tires, specialty tire services, and wheels
- Must be able to pass a drug and alcohol test
- Valid Class 5 license
Ability to lift 25+ kilograms
Ability to fly in to remote working locations on a scheduled shift and work in any weather condition
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with team members and customers; this includes good communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license, and provide a satisfactory Driver’s Abstract from province of residence.
***online applications only, no phone calls please***