At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, Immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Member of Technical Staff (MTS) for Machine Learning
We are currently looking for a Member of Technical Staff (MTS) to drive end-to-end delivery of our DirectML software solution, directly contributing to and coordinating implementation and optimization across multiple teams for inference and training of machine learning models. The position will involve interfacing with software and hardware engineering teams and AMD partners to plan, develop and optimize use cases. This is an exciting opportunity to work on the cutting edge of GPU Computing for Machine Learning.
We are looking for a subject matter expert and strong technical contributor with machine learning and GPU programming experience. The individual will be a member of a team where communication and team skills are highly valued.
- Work within a small team to analyze, implement, and optimize DirectML-TensorFlow and PyTorch for machine learning models.
- Collaborate with ISV, library, compiler, driver, and hardware engineers to influence strategic decisions to achieve the highest performance for DirectML.
- Innovate new algorithmic improvements that exploits the strengths of the hardware architecture to deliver the best possible machine learning performance.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in Machine Learning and/or GPU programming
- Experience in deep learning frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, Caffe, ONNX, etc) and familiarity with CNN/LSTM model architectures
- Knowledge of CPU or GPU architecture and experience in GPGPU programming technologies
- Experience advocating for technical solutions in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
preferred additional experience:
- Experience with writing GPU shaders (CUDA, OpenCL, HLSL) is a plus
- Experience with DirectML APIs (or other backend high performance compute libraries) is a plus
- Experience with Direct3D is a plus
- BSc/MSc/PhD in Computer Science or related disciplines
Markham, ON or Boxborough, MA