Are you looking to start your career at a thriving and welcoming company?
Do you want to work every day with awesome people who want you to succeed – and rely on you for their success too?
If so, we’re Walker Aggregates & Construction, a division of Walker Industries, known for the high standard of our technical services and we’re looking for a Office Administrator to join our team at our McGregor Quarry just south of Windsor.
Walker Aggregates, a division of Walker Industries, supplies high quality aggregates and asphalt to communities across much of Ontario. With locations in Simcoe, Grey Bruce and Essex Counties as well as the Niagara Region, Walker Aggregates operates eight quarries, eight sand & gravel pits and two asphalt plants
The materials produced at our quarries, pits and asphalt plants are used to build Ontario’s infrastructure, which is the foundation of our economy – including roads, bridges, underground infrastructure, sidewalks, houses, schools and hospitals.
- Maintains a database of customer invoicing and information. Enters orders and enacts changes to customer information to ensure all records are current.
- Working with sales staff to respond to existing and potential customer requests to supply accurate pricing and material information.
- Works closely with Operations, and in some cases champions programs such as Monthly Safety Talks & Environmental Talks. Quarterly Safety & Environmental Meetings and Contractor Assessments.
- Prepares and issues weekly customer invoices and monitors accounts receivables to identify past due accounts.
- Enters payables into the system, balances inventory, and generates a variety of reports.
- Receives, sorts and prioritizes mail, taking notice of required actions and due dates to ensure timeliness of responses and required actions.
- Processes employee time sheets and ensures necessary information is sent to payroll in a timely manner.
- Receives cash receipts and prepares bank deposits to process customer payments.
- Contacts customers and provides supporting documents such as copies of invoices to reconcile accounts and expedite payments. Identifies overdue accounts and informs the sales staff.
- Maintains the filing system, customer contact and newsletter distribution lists to ensure documents are stored and distributed correctly.
- Answers and redirects all incoming calls to ensure all calls are answered in a timely fashion.
- Monitors the inventory of office supplies and re-orders supplies as required to ensure the department is equipped with all necessary provisions.
- Minimum 2 year College Diploma in Office Administration
- 1+ years of administrative experience
- Basic numeric skills
- Advance understanding of computer software.
- Proficient organizational skills to plan and prioritize work
- Strong communication skills
- Good customer service and telephone skills
Working @ Walker Industries
Established in 1887, we are proud to be a fifth-generation, family-owned, Canadian company. Our group of companies includes aggregates, paving & construction, emulsions and environmental waste & recycling solutions. We are known for our philanthropy and ‘above and beyond’ service to our customers and communities.
There’s a lot more we’re proud of too.
We’re proud to be growing, serving more customers and providing more jobs across Canada.
We’re proud of our environmental stewardship – using technical advancements and innovation to create environmentally friendly, sustainable emulsions and specialty products.
We’re proud to use the best tools and technology in the business – serving our customers well and keeping our employees safe.
And we’re proud of an awesome people-first culture. Working here means being part of a team – not a cog in a machine – and even in regional offices we feel valued, autonomous, and central to the action. Everyone at Walker has a voice.
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete candidate – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take roughly 10 minutes to complete. You can get a copy of your assessment when you’re done by logging back into the application tool.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Need Help” button in the application.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment, as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.
Walker Industries Holdings Ltd.
Established in 1887, Walker Industries Holdings Ltd. is a provider of aggregate production, road building and environmental services.