Oxford Learning Forest Hill is actively looking for an early elementary teacher to join our dynamic team.
Oxford Learning takes pride in delivering an individualized program catered to each student's needs. No lesson planning needed. We offer our own curriculum and a unique program that goes beyond just tutoring.
Our tutors can expect a steady income teaching the subjects they love! Our teachers are given consistent shifts and flexibility with weekly hours that suit your needs. We provide all of the curriculum and rely on our teachers to interpret, explain, and guide our students to understanding and connecting with the material. All Oxford Learning teachers will receive training to effectively teach the Oxford Learning methodology.
Qualified candidates must possess:
- B. Ed or working towards a University Degree from a Canadian University
- Teaching or tutoring experience in Canada
- Excellent English communication skills (written and oral)
- Experience with phonics, early reading or early childhood education an asset but not required
- Ability to adapt one's teaching methods to suit the learner
- Understanding of the math curriculum up to Gr 8 is preferred
- Bilingual (French) an asset
- Superb written and oral English skills and an excellent ability to communicate with students
- Dynamic, passionate and energetic personality
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Friendly, energetic and flexible personality
- Must be available for at least two weekdays (Monday through Thursday) per week from 4pm-8pm, Saturdays (9:00am - 12:30pm)
- Approximately 5-15 hours per week
- Must be able to commit until at least June 2022.
- Immediate availability and flexible schedule is an asset -- January 2022 start date
- $16-18 per hour depending on experience and teachables.
A dedicated and passionate individual who thrives on seeing students succeed will enjoy this role.
Oxford Learning Centre
Established in 1984, Oxford Learning Centre is a provider of supplementary programs in reading, writing, spelling, mathematics, study and homework skills.