We are seeking several dynamic, passionate Physiotherapists (PT) who want to be part of the transformational change in home and community care by providing care in a truly client-centered approach. You are excited about working in an environment that puts the care team in the driving seat; being part of a self-directed team that offers a high level of professional autonomy and responsibility. You will be part of a diverse care team that will provide services to a roster of clients in the community. You be part of a collaborative team that will conduct joint care planning with a focus on client-centered goals addressing client’s physical, cognitive, social, emotional and spiritual domains, creating a holistic care plan. Each client is assigned a primary care clinician, a member of the interdisciplinary team who will lead care planning for that client and facilitate interdisciplinary team to reach client’s care goals. As part of the SE Transitions team, you will be a part of the team that will be accountable for the care and services you provide and the outcomes your clients achieve.
- Provision of comprehensive care in an interdisciplinary team
- Primary contact for a client when designated as the primary care provider/clinician for the client’s interdisciplinary team
- Provide continuous and comprehensive support to your team in the delivery of care for your client’s
- Complete a client assessment and develop an interdisciplinary care plan based on best evidence/practices and on client’s unique needs.
- Lead the care planning process and work with other disciplines to complete and implement interdisciplinary client care plans
- Facilitate regular interdisciplinary team communication (e.g. huddle, rounds, status updates) when designated as the primary care provider/clinician
- Lead discharge and transition care planning discussions during regular integrated team meetings with their front-line staff when designated as the primary care provider/clinician
- Facilitate and organize family and caregiver meetings
- Support the client through care transitions by collaborating and connecting the client with community support services in their local community.
- Support clients, families and caregivers to develop strong self-care strategies, anticipate and address health issues, as well as optimize their health through effective health promotion strategies.
- Registered in good standing with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
- Experience in one of the following areas: home/community care, acute care, chronic disease management, health promotion, palliative care and mental health
- Having diverse experiences with different client groups and practice settings will be an asset
- Community experience is an asset.
- Demonstrated clinical leadership experience
- Enthusiasm and love of community rehabilitative care and interest in sharing knowledge
- Excellent assessment skills and a strong clinical background
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to take initiative and adaptable to rapidly changing demands
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written) and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated skills working independently and in a team environment
- Excellent skills in case management and working with/coordinating interdisciplinary care teams
- Vulnerable sector check (current).
- Membership with the Canadian Physiotherapy Association/Ontario Physiotherapy Association is an asset
- A vehicle and valid driver’s license and the ability to travel.
About SE Health
SE Health is a not-for-profit social enterprise that shares its knowledge, provides the best care, and helps each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. Established in 1908 by four pioneering nurses, we have worked with purpose for more than a century to bring hope and happiness, and forever impact how people live and age at home. Today, our 8,000+ team members nationwide provide care in more places and ways than ever before, bringing health to life for over 20,000 Canadians every day. SE Health is honoured to be a three-time recipient of the Canada Order of Excellence and one of Forbes’ Best Employers for 2020.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 . Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at HumanResources@sehc.com at your earliest convenience.
please apply online firstname.lastname@example.org
Saint Elizabeth Health Care
Established in 1908, Saint Elizabeth Health Care is a provider of in-home health services to patients across Ontario.